My tiny collection of paphs.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orchideya, I have one one species available on your wish list. Paph henryanum. The thing is it's about 11 growths so again.. shipping issues lol

I know. Remember we did the big group order last year. Matt's choices are amazing but the plants were on the small side.

In the list I have - they go by letter - size A, B and C. So, it is better to look for C then?

Do you have a picture?

Actually not 11. Sorry about that. I counted just a total of 8 growths. I just repotted it this spring

Photo%20Oct%2022%2C%204%2046%2055%20PM.jpg

pxK5hP6l.jpg

acczsn3l.jpg

New addition

I now own Paph. henryanum and quite gorgeous at that. Thanks Eggshells!

paph_henryanum.jpg

It came barerooted, I potted it up into mix of fir bark, perlite, charcoal and some river rocks. Hope he likes his new home beside phrags:

paph_henryanum_in_tank.jpg

I bet that in a very short space of time he will be a bit more squeezed for space! All that spare space cannot go unoccupied for long.:)
Congratulations on your new plant, it looks super healthy.

Thank you Dot and Trithor.
I hope I can keep him healthy here.
As for the space, everytime I buy something new, I shuffle my plants around to make sure I still have some space for future purchase or two. Some larger ones like Lady Isabel and St. Swithin moved out back to windowsill.
I sold quite a few large phals on ebay.
The view of completely full tanks would probably freak me out, because that would mean I can't buy no more... :)

Glad it arrive safely. You'll never know what fall temps we would have around this time of the year. So far so good.

Sad day. Threw away three paphs:
Paph. Prince Edward of York(sanderianum '#6' x rothschildianum 'Hsinton') R.I.P.
Paph. Fumi's Delight small seedling R.I.P.
Paph. sanderianum('Bruno Manser' x 'Penanko') medium seedling R.I.P.
All roots were mush. Good thing - rest paphs show new root growth through their pot walls. Maybe these three would be the last ones that I killed.

Collection shrank a bit but I will fix it in the spring.

Paph. micranthum
Paph. armeniacum
Paph. Dick Wagner small seedling
Paph. Delrosi 'Murrey' division
Paph. Lady Isabel
Paph. St. Swithin
Paph. sanderianum x sib ('Mini' AQ/AOS x 'Dr. John' AM/AQ/AOS) currently about 30 very small seedlings in compots
Paph. stonei x sib ('Red Pouch' x 'The Best') currently 11 very small seedlings in compots

Added Oct.19, 2013:
Paph. Deperle 'Philippe'
Paph. Magic Lantern

Added Oct 30, 2013:
Paph. henryanum

Sad day. Threw away three paphs:
. Maybe these three would be the last ones that I killed.

Collection shrank a bit but I will fix it in the spring.

The cycle of killing plants and replacing them with even more is something that will be repeated and repeated (if my situation is anything to go by):eek:

I had to get rid of four yesterday, and my collection isn't much bigger than yours. It's hard, but some had scale so bad it was scary, out of nowhere. Others had been battling rot for awhile. I forget who told me this, but the saying is "to be a great orchid grower you must kill your body weight in plants." I'm well on my way. Think of it this way, more room for new plants! Or in my case, making room for the overflow of plants I have already...

Thanks to orchiata bark and K-lite fertilizer, Ive never had such good root growth on my paphs. But there are still more paphs that I like going into the compost. No way to escape that.......

My new additions that came from Montreal show yesterday:

Paphiopedilum Dollgoldi. I think it is close to blooming size, right?

paph_dollgoldie5.jpg

Paphiopedilum hangianum flask deflasked:

paph_hangianum_flask.jpg

and all potted up:

paph_hangianumdeflask.jpg

I would appreciate any advice from people experienced with hangianum flasks. Thanks!

I didn't kill anything since the last update :)

Paph. micranthum
Paph. armeniacum
Paph. Dick Wagner small seedling
Paph. Delrosi 'Murrey' division
Paph. Lady Isabel
Paph. St. Swithin
Paph. sanderianum x sib ('Mini' AQ/AOS x 'Dr. John' AM/AQ/AOS) currently about 30 very small seedlings in compots
Paph. stonei x sib ('Red Pouch' x 'The Best') currently 11 very small seedlings in compots

Added Oct.19, 2013:
Paph. Deperle 'Philippe'
Paph. Magic Lantern

Added Oct 30, 2013:
Paph. henryanum

Added March 29, 2014
Paph Dollgoldi
Paph hangianum - over 30 small seedlings in compots.

Latest posts

Back