I can't believe it's really happening!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see only one downside to having such a nice work space inside the greenhouse. It takes away growing area. :p

When I built my green house, I put in a large sink in the corner. Well, it wasn't long before, I took it out and replaced it with a growing area. Green houses are never big enough, even if you build them twice as big as you think. My wife thought I was nuts when I built mine.

Last edited:
What kind of music do your plants like best, or is there no preference ? :) ? Jean
:poke:For some reason, they seem to like what I like: Classical, Baroque, Rock & Roll, Ragtime, Boogie-Woogie...

I see only one downside to having such a nice work space inside the greenhouse. It takes away growing area. :p
That's true. But I can't stand the thought of having to take plants out of the greenhouse & back into my basement to repot them.

I know my collection will grow -- I'm truly addicted. But there will soon come a time when I reach my personal capacity for caring for them with any kind of quality. This greenhouse certainly helps!

When I built my green house, I put in a large sink in the corner. Well, it wasn't long before, I took it out and replaced it with a growing area. Green houses are never big enough, even if you build them twice as big as you think. My wife thought I was nuts when I built mine.

..... That's true. But I can't stand the thought of having to take plants out of the greenhouse & back into my basement to repot them....
my GH had a potting tub that was quickly replaced by cedar slats. The potting bench moved outside, considering I do most repotting in spring, no need to be inside!

Rose, We have so much cold weather here in the north east that I'm forced to repot inside. Most of it is done in the winter. I still have my potting bench in there, however I did decide that I had to much room behind me when I was working at it, so I put up another bench. We are all crazy, and I know it.

If one believes in a Heaven...then that is the kind of GHs we hope to be rewarded with!

Last photo -- of my photo corner. The black is black velvet. The object on the left is a diffusion screen for when there is sun. It also serves to block the wind from the fans -- somewhat. Air has a way of moving around things!

GH-PhotoCorner.jpg

Nice photography corner you have setup. I take my pictures in more or less the same way. Only my setup lacks the sophistication of yours. I need to help myself with chairs etc. to hang a few black towels.

Will buy velvet as a background asap, and this week my manfrotto tripod + ballhead arrived in the mail :D

Do you have any lights to supplement on very dark days? Or do you have dark days at all with such a beautiful collection? :)

Back