You've all been FANTASTIC teachers!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paph_LdyMacBeth

I'm pretty proud of myself and I just wanted to share!

I am in just finished a massive Paph re-potting marathon, 90% of the plants are done. I am pretty pleased to report that I only had 1 plant that needed old rotten roots removed! Some of these plants haven't been re-potted for 2-3 years!
I'm looking at a bunch of fat hairy roots and its made me REALLY happy.
I know roots aren't blooms, but I'm pretty sure this is where it starts. I've had a few blooming successes...fingers crossed you'll continue to teach and I'll continue to learn!

p.s I'm sorry there's no pictures (because I am so excited about these darn roots I want some), but all I have is a camera phone at the moment.

Some plant scientists beiieve the roots are where the brains of plants are. So you have my congratulations. :)

Some plant scientists beiieve the roots are where the brains of plants are. So you have my congratulations. :)

i ain't no scientist but i've often heard that one doesn't grow orchid plants or flowers, one grows orchid roots and with good roots come good plants and flowers

i ain't no scientist but i've often heard that one doesn't grow orchid plants or flowers, one grows orchid roots and with good roots come good plants and flowers

Yes! And all we need to know about humans is that they need a mouth to feed. Everything else is secundary. :poke:

:clap::clap:Well done!!
90% repotting done :rolleyes: wish I could say the same and then the root thing ......

Great to hear! I did the second half of my collection on Saturday, and tackled the huge maudiae 'The Queen'. It pleasantly surprised me because I had not repotted it since 2007... :eek:

Back