Yang-Ji Hawk

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
Sorry about the photos, days are dim at the moment. we have had overcast weather for some days now.
Attractive, but not special.

Last edited:
Actually, now that I have a chance to really look at it, are you sure that's not Yang Ji Hawk? (sanderianum x anitum)

Tony, I believe you are quite right. I bought a bunch of plants from Taiwan two years ago, and all the plants arrived in a terrible jumble. We simply allocated labels according to size and plant and marked the plants not for sale. Perhaps now I can label this one definitively?

I second that. Yang-Ji Hawk. Phils don't produce that dark of a pouch, or attractive hybrids like this one for that matter! Just my opinion.

No Sir, It's Paph yangji hawk as others have stated. sanderianum x anitum. Nice one!

Geez Gary, you got the strangest perception of "special". I'd give you a few bucks for that plant damnit. To me it looks pretty special.

Geez Gary, you got the strangest perception of "special". I'd give you a few bucks for that plant damnit. To me it looks pretty special.
Thanks Rick, this batch of jumbled plants has been a bit of an irritation, so perhaps I am overly negative?

Glad we sorted out the parentage................
The benefit of this fantastic forum! Thank you all!

And then you can send it to me. :)
Dot, if the process was reasonably simple, I would gladly do that. Perhaps it is time to explore expanding my distribution from local only.

Love the long petals and the big, red nose. I like it. Do
you like it Gary? That's what matters.
Angela, yes, I do like it, but probably not enough to keep it. A local enquiry would probably see it shipped the next day:(

Angela, yes, I do like it, but probably not enough to keep it. A local enquiry would probably see it shipped the next day:(

The dark photo must be hiding its flaws because this clone looks to be above average for the cross. Long petals and chunky segments.

Latest posts

Back