WOS show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

WOS had their annual show this weekend, didn't think I'd make it but then last minute a schedule change allowed me to go up Sat. morn. Here's some plants that caught my eye:
Masd. aureum, what a cutie!
WOSshow2011001.jpg
WOSshow2011005.jpg

Dend. cuthbertsonii were plentiful in all colors-
WOSshow2011003.jpg
WOSshow2011006.jpg

this one enticed me to buy one, an IOS club member has it bonsai style in her office, nothing special light, humidity or temps. Sits in a tray with a wick so it is evenly moist at all times.
WOSshow2011018.jpg

a nice sandie
WOSshow2011023.jpg
WOSshow2011022.jpg

Cyc. Martha Clarke
WOSshow2011020.jpg
WOSshow2011021.jpg

Ascda. Taviuat x V. denisoniana
WOSshow2011016.jpg

some type of Vandopsis I think.
WOSshow2011011.jpg

Dollgoldii
WOSshow2011010.jpg

Drac. woolwardiae. The exhibitor Walt Crawford had a vampira that had at least 6 buds on it.
WOSshow2011004.jpg

and did I save the best for last?
Paph. Chia Hua Hula Dancer
WOSshow2011009.jpg
WOSshow2011008.jpg

Thanks Rose for the photo shoot. I just love those long twisted petals sanderianum hybrids. The Cyc. ain't bad either. :clap::clap::clap:

Beautiful! That sandie looks well grown with so many growths... Is it Wendy's? :p
might be a bit far for Wendy to come! :p

That's a mighty big sandie. Must of been grown for a number of years or darn strong grower!
It was on Orchid Growers Guild display, I'm assuming it was Chuck's, I didn't get a chance to talk to him, I stayed too long & had to go to work.
Leo had some deals - Cym. sinense alba, Stanhopea jenischiana & Calanthe sylvatica came home with me.
From Natt's - neofinetia falcata 'yellow' & Habenaria rhodocheila in bud.
Ten Shin Gardens tempted me with a Hab. medusa in bud.
Michel - Dend. cuthbertsonii 'Red Robin' x 'Scarlet Red'. I was tempted by a bicolor but this was a good chunk of plant for the same price. Blew the budget already & Orchidfest isn't even here!

:rollhappy: I did buy it, I figured if I can handle dormancy on Fredclarkeras & Cyc., I should be able to handle these!
Ten Shen (from Taiwan) are guest growers at Natt's this weekend for Orchidfest. I thought their plants were a notch above Ecuagenera.
Next year IOS is celebrating it's 60th anniversary & they expressed an interest to come in for our show, so I may do some pre-ordering!

* - oh, I thought you were tempted, but resisted! they are cool. mine didn't flower this year (bought it last year), but came up with two plants instead. more is good, too!

ohhh, should have bought the medusae; dot will never forgive you! (I think she wants one..)

:rollhappy: I did buy it, I figured if I can handle dormancy on Fredclarkeras & Cyc., I should be able to handle these!

Good for you, Rose -- I'm glad you bought it.

Charles, I did find one last Fall -- from Thanh. It's still alive and growing, and made it through it's dormant period. :clap:

Latest posts

Back