WOC - BEST Parvi Hybrid!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!
Congratulations!!!

I'll have to go and seek it out tomorrow. I think I saw it the first day, but there are WAY MORE FLOWERS at this show than any I have ever been to.

Hats off you!

Maybe we should steal it and take it over to the AOS judged show that starts tomorrow night.

Well done indeed!

Craig

Here only the picture of hangianum with malipoense, so you can decide. I don't think that it is a hangianum hybrid.

Paph-5.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Congrats,

Heres a picture I found over at the Orchid Source Forum.

img_6026_std.jpg

Kyle

Well, the plants are back home from the WOC! A good time for all that attended! My VA OS friends brought back TONS of plants. I was on the phone several times per day while they hovered over various slipper booths including In-Charm and others! I think I spent the same amount of money staying home as I did if I had traveled to the WOC.

I have enjoyed the conversation about the Paph. Mem. Larry Heuer and thanks to all of you for your congrats and support. Regarding some of the comments about the plant....it came from Norman's Orchids two years ago. I bought it with a span of 6" or so. There were two others in bloom but I bought this one thinking I might get a nicer flower. This is the second blooming.

This plant IS fragrant but only the first week or 10 days after blooming. I have the same thoughts about the true identity of the plant as Jason and others. The plant had been sitting inside our dry home for over a month before being taken to the WOC. I was sure it was on the way out. Fortunately it lasted through the WOC.

I am curious what others think of their WOC experience and the apparent non-existence of the Plant Police. Slipper species and their hybrids that have been discussed extensively on this forum as being illegal were being sold openly in the vendor area every day. (Hangianum and Helenae plants and flasks ARE illegal, right?) I have seen photos of the booths, the photos of the species being used to sell the plants and the plants themselves. Maybe this should be topic of a new thread.

Garland

Congrats :clap:

I almost missed this thread!

Garland would also like to know - which of you will be loading up the car and heading to Richmond for the VA OS's show and sale? Feb 21-24, Richmond VA. I loved it last year and hope to make it down this year too. :)

NYEric,
Just take the whole week to visit the entire Maryland-Virginia orchid scene. You can always find another job.

I'll announce the upcoming events on another thread. We do have a lot going in the area over the next month.....

2/16 Wash DC Paph Forum 2/16
2/17 Richmond, VA VA OS Meeting with Paph Forum speaker Dennis D'Alessandro (different topic)
2/22-24 Richmond VA OS AOS Show "Mardi Gras"
3/1 Wash DC NCOS Auction

Garland

Latest posts

Back