Who is going to Longwood Gardens??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
I will be there on Sunday!! I have to pick up an order from Ecuagenera.

It would be nice to meet a few of you there!!!

Tom

I'm planning to meet up w/ Clark and go Friday morning. I'm going to buy everything Eric eOrchids Yang is interested in; so I can then sell it to him at exorbitant prices! :evil:

OK, I got home from the Longwood Gardens SEPOS show in Penn. I went with Clark Edward and his wife Chrissy [thanx]. I ran into some slippertalkers there, Ursula, Bob from Albany, Scooby, CarriloEnglish - Who I didn't know was an AOS Judge!!!, and a few others. I loaded my camera's memory card w/ photos so I'll get some on later. I bought some slippers, some carniverous plants, a few pleuros, a yellow epidendrum, a Zygo, and some Tolumnia hybrids - only 6 bags worth of stuff! :rolleyes:

I've posted some photos from the show. Although a STF member Dennis was working the Ecuagenera booth, when Ivan was giving a lecture, I was a little disappointed by their offering; I only bought a couple of lepanthes and a Plths dodsonii. I bought a mixed pot of carnivorous plants and a big pot of spiranthes cernau [full of food for them unfortunately]! :p I got some replacement phrags from woodstream and piping rock and some new slippers. I also bought a few tolumnias, another epidendrum, a couple of dicheas and pleuros from andy, and a couple of platysteles. It was a pleasure to see all the STF people and I hope some of the new people I handed cards to come and enjoy our forum. :) I'll post photos of my loot later.

I am home from the show. I was going to buy all the plants but I couldn't get them in the car. I picked up my order from Ecuagenera. I got 2 Phrag. boissierianums var. czerwiakowianum 1 in spike, 2 Phrag. hirtzii, 2 Phrag. lindenii, 5 vanilla planifolia, 4 selenipediums didn't make the trip very well, Ivan offered anything I wanted to replace them, very nice of him. So I picked up some other plants. Phrag Olaf Gruss in spike, Hexisea imbricata in spike/bloom, Pleurothaallis punctulata, Systeloglossum ecuadorense in spike, Stel purpurea 2 sheaths, Dracula deltoidea & portillae, & 1 flask of Porroglossum portillae.
I got from Glen (P. Rock) Paph. Susan Booth 'Dark' x primulinum 'Yellow' in spike.
From Seagrove I got a Neo Falcata, & a really BIG division of their awarded plant Phaius Graeviae 'Titan' am/aos in bloom.

Tom

The lepanthes are in a sealed container; it's in front of the fan to keep it cool. The Platysteles I grow normal, just water 3 times a day bacause my ultrasonic fogger is down. I put the platysteles in pots in a mixture which includes sphag and small dolomite pieces to keep moist.

Latest posts

Back