white comparizon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paworsport

comparison between Icy Icy Wind and jade Lauren Whales

Attachments

• JDL II Wind 019.jpg
    JDL II Wind 019.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 68
  • JDL II Wind 020.jpg
    JDL II Wind 020.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 20
  • JDL II Wind 021.jpg
    JDL II Wind 021.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 25
The JLW may be the better flower on a good blooming, but the spots and marks give Icy Icy Wind a more vivid appearance. Lovely!

Nice whites, my favourite complex.
How wide is the dorsal??? I believe that breeders are aiming a dorsal width of 8 to 8.5cm???? I have a few (White Jewel =Todd Clark X Skip Bartlet), nice and roundish but all of them only have dorsal width of up to 7 cm and the judges would not even look at them.

Nice whites, my favourite complex.
How wide is the dorsal??? I believe that breeders are aiming a dorsal width of 8 to 8.5cm???? I have a few (White Jewel =Todd Clark X Skip Bartlet), nice and roundish but all of them only have dorsal width of up to 7 cm and the judges would not even look at them.

The dorsal is 7.5 for the JDL. but the flower is small, it is a first bloom. For me the quality of the shape is more important than the size.

You are right. But the quality include shape, size, color, substance, etc.
I am sorry but I talked about size, after agreeing on the other factors. And I said breeders are trying to increase the size of the white. Other colors, like spotted and red (have got their max. size of DS about 9cm whereas yellow can have over 10cm), so they are now concentrating on increasing the DS of whites. I think they have succeeded with the like of Mystic Knight which had a DS of slightly over 8cm. Many have been using Elfstone. The problem with Elfstone is that though it has the size, the stem is weak and you'll be lucky to get 1 flask trying to breed whites. Most in fact won't germinate. But your white JDL is a good size with DS of 7.5cm and I'll have it anytime. Good size white can bring good dollars. The first Mystic Knight was bought by a japanese for a cool $5000.-(From Orch. Zone ?????)

Back