When things go wrong

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
A very large Rlc. Burdekin Storm 'Midnight', 3 sheaths, 2 produced what looked like mltiple buds ... wrong ... this is how both single buds appeared from each sheath. I think it might need to settle into my environment for a little longer, 7 months or so doesn't seem to be enough. I did have a few complications attending to the plants for a while but I didn't forsee this happening. This is the only plant to have done this out of many so far this year.

image001.jpg

This is possible John, though the nursery it came from is a stickler for testing & hygene. I would trust them over & above a number of other nurseries I've unfortunately purchased from.

Well, in that case, it's certainly worth giving it a second chance. Just take sensible precautions and keep it until it reblooms to see if it does this again. If it reblooms the same, then, you need a replacement from the nursery. I'd tell them now about what's happening and see what they say. They may want to replace it right away; or, they may like you to rebloom it first.

Well, in that case, it's certainly worth giving it a second chance. Just take sensible precautions and keep it until it reblooms to see if it does this again. If it reblooms the same, then, you need a replacement from the nursery. I'd tell them now about what's happening and see what they say. They may want to replace it right away; or, they may like you to rebloom it first.

This is Australia, not the USA. I doubt you can just take it back because its not right this time. Living things have variance and sometimes nature does strange things, not the nurseries fault. Now, if it arrived with no roots and bulb rot that different.
It'll be good next flowering, I bet.

Back