When I thought I've seen it all !!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cliokchi

hi guys,

I just received this picture from a friend in the Netherlands
he took the picture in a Garden center near Amsterdam
this is about the most tasteless orchid abuse I've seen in my life
i've heard of blue cheese, blue delft ware,blue fish but now finaly
the Netherlands gave us The blue Phalaenopsis
cliokchi:crazy::mad:

Attachments

• blue injected phallies  from holland (Small).jpg
    blue injected phallies from holland (Small).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 70
  • blue injected phallies  from holland a (Small).jpg
    blue injected phallies from holland a (Small).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 90
the funniest thing is the subliminal message on the first photo... 'Give her a chance!' :D

and yes, I know them too... and think they are as ugly as blue roses and blue tulips (also found around here, and also dyed)

Oh, I don't know.....I guess it is a little too blue, but when you look at the huge fuscia phals of today, compared to the little pink ones of 100 yrs ago, is it really so unreasonable to think these might someday be produced "naturally"?
Especially when you your self just posted the blue lipped phal, which in a dozen or more generations of crosses might yeild something that approaches this. I agree , its bright blue is not my cup of tea, but I do like blue flowers in general, and if this was a bit more subtle, it could be quite nice.

Hehe, I prefer the lavender or indigo of "blue" orchids, that sky blue looks unnatural.
It's cool though, thanks for sharing, Cliokchi :D

Whatever sells, and people do buy! Most people wouldn't even know that they aren't real!

Whatever sells, and people do buy! Most people wouldn't even know that they aren't real!
Right!;)

there is a market for this blue flowers and tehy are made to supply it... they are more expensive than regular Phals (at least here!) and the people buy them like crazy... and do not forget that these are not made for the same public that grows orchids and discuss them in a forum like this one! ;)

on the other hand, one could also argue that:

1) Hello Kitty is unnatural and kitsch, and millions of people buy it and thinks even it's cute and lovely!
2) Barbie-Like women with silicon boobs and lips, and extracted ribs are unnatural (and YES THEY ARE!)... and many many many men and women buy the product!

so... 'Give her a chance!' :D :poke:

They could inject some glow-in-the-dark phosphors into the flowers along with the blue dye; then plant a chip in the pot so Elvis will sing "Blue Christmas" every time the leaves are touched. :p

They could inject some glow-in-the-dark phosphors into the flowers along with the blue dye; then plant a chip in the pot so Elvis will sing "Blue Christmas" every time the leaves are touched. :p
:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy: :clap:

Some years ago I read(try search on the web maybe article still there somewhere),they have done glow-in-the-dark dendrobiums modifieyng geneticaly and adding genes from some algaes...in that case also the plant was"glow-in-the-dark" not only the flower...(never seen its so maybe was fake).

Latest posts

Back