• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What on Earth is this?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Lynleigh Koopowitz. If I could get that for mine I'd sell it in a heart beat.

In reality, though, you can ask any price you want on E-Bay. It's just a matter of finding a buyer willing to pay the price.

Weird... all the seller's other things are priced normally except two paphs with the same picture at $999 and $888 lol.

I'll take 3!!!! Lol.. my memoria larry hauer has veining in the petals and are much bigger, if this is memoria larry hauer it is a poor example

Even at a "test price" to see what the market will bear, that's a bit crazy. I think Icepengwyn has ice on the brain! Or, I guess out of the millions of people on the Net, this guy is looking for someone who is on the verge of insanity and they don't know what they're doing; but, they still have access and control over their own finances. In that case, this is a deliberate scam.

I too know icepenguin. Very nice man, knowledgeable about a lot of orchids--he is an AOS judge and has provided my orchid society many interesting presentations about orchids. I also suspect the price is a typo. I'm contacting him about this auction.

BUT if this a legitimate price, it would not be unheard of to buy orchids for that price. Certain Neofinetia falcata can fetch that price and more. Aren't some varieties of bessiae that expensive?

A typo is certainly possible; but, for 2 auctions? Is that possible? Maybe it's a glitch with Ebay?

Also, yes, some Neos are that expensive and some besseaes; but, this is an unnamed Paph of unknown quality. It looks like a nice, normal Lynleigh Koopowitz. He says that the flower photos are just representative of what you "may" get. Just goes to show that after you post something for sale on Ebay, always proof read the auction page!

Since a couple people know this guy and you are speaking well of him, I guess this is some sort of mistake. Would be a real shock if while it is up, someone actually bought it!

I sent him a message telling what's wrong with the listing.

By the way, the plant is Wössner Butterfly. ( vietnamense x malipoense)

By the way, the plant is Wössner Butterfly. ( vietnamense x malipoense)

Yeah, I can see that is likely correct....lots of raspberry undertones coming from a vietnamense parent. I bet the foliage is wonderful.

If the seller is a judge, why doesn't he tell the full name? You'd think that would be instinctual.

Also, why can't he spell philippinense correctly?

This whole auction page is a train wreck.

If the seller is a judge, why doesn't he tell the full name? You'd think that would be instinctual.

Also, why can't he spell philippinense correctly?

This whole auction page is a train wreck.

Obviously this is some sort of error or incomplete auction page which most likely wasn't ready or meant to be published.

I fail to see where in any of his auctions he has misspelled philippinense :confused:

I fail to see where in any of his auctions he has misspelled philippinense :confused:

Oops. You're right. Earlier in this thread, tnyr5 said: "Weird... all the seller's other things are priced normally except two paphs with the same picture at $999 and $888 lol." I took that to mean that the other auctions mentioned on his auction page, were also his auctions. But, they are just Ebay advertisements about other related auctions that people looked at. I'm not terribly familar with Ebay; so, I just took tnyr5's comment at face value and followed the suggestion that the other auctions with the thumbnail photos on Icepengwyn's auction page, were other auctions by him.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back