what i've been up to lately...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
Nah...not much... :) i was just repotting my Dend Gatton 'Sunray' a few days ago when the pot cracked into 2 pieces while I tugged the humongous plant out... Unfortunately, the Gatton 'Sunray' had quite a lot of pseudobulb bases turnedblack, but i managed to save 2 pieces of it... This is what I did with the 2 'half-pots'...:

Ascocentrum miniatum 'semi-mounted' in the smaller piece.. the black stuff is fernroot...
IMG_1305.jpg

Rhynchostylis retusa in the other piece.. i'm too lazy to repot it so I just place the entire old pot inside...
IMG_1306.jpg

It looks like its potted from one side..hehe...
IMG_1307.jpg

and 2 of my current bloomers:
dendrobium laminatum.. a small cutie with flattened pseudobulbs..
IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

Spathoglottis plicata - small-flowered variety...
IMG_1299.jpg

Nice idea! Your growing area looks very enticing -- makes me want a greenhouse very badly!

Really nice... How do you make your vadaceous plants grow new roots? (Silly question but neccesary to be answered for me...) Thank you in advance anyway... :):):)

Mark, as you can see, I don't grow in a greenhouse.. :) I grow outdoors... but i really cram all my plants in any available space... hehe..
Thanasis, to make vandaceous plants grow nice fat new roots, always give them lots of water and good air movement.. gud luck! =)

Latest posts

Back