Watering cans/devices for small indoor orchid pots - what works for you?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Delilah

I have a neat little watering can for indoor plants, but it's just not little enough for watering lots of small indoor seedlings and mini orchid pots. I've tried using a pipette instead but that's going too far the other way, requiring the patience of a saint.

What watering device have you found that works well for you when precision is required? I need something with a long and really thin spout.

Dish detergent squirt bottles.

I rinse them out really well before using them, and they last forever. You can get different sizes, and they're very accurate.

I use a two or five gallon pump sprayer like the one Eric recommend. It works grat and lasts for years depending how much you use them.

5 gallons?! Yikes, how big is your house...and your bicep?!

I'm thinking half a litre, for my lil' indoor orchies. A squeegee bottle of some kind might work. I will have a scrounge.

I could imagine, though, a mini metal watering can with a very fine spout. That would be great, but I haven't found one by that description.

5 gallons?! Yikes, how big is your house...and your bicep?!

I'm thinking half a litre, for my lil' indoor orchies. A squeegee bottle of some kind might work. I will have a scrounge.

I could imagine, though, a mini metal watering can with a very fine spout. That would be great, but I haven't found one by that description.
It has a hose so you can set it on the floor and not lift it a lot. But the two gallon one is managable. With a smaller one it is easy if you have a few plants but as your collection gets bigger you will get a bigger one.

That's the thing!! I love that. It wins the prize. :clap:

Now where can I get one? What's it usually used for? Some kind of craft thing?

Found some! Thank you eBay and China :). They have fine spouts with 90-degree bends - could be quite good.

Any lab supply company will have a 'squirt' bottle. They generally come with a just-over 90 degree bend on the tube. I suspect a sports store might have a less technical item at a better price.

For watering my houseplants, where I have to be a bit more careful than I do in the greenhouse, I rigged up a long (30 feet?) piece of polyethylene tubing with a hose adapter at one end and a valve near the delivery end. I can just walk around a water at will. I use a standard watering can when I feed.

I can custom-build those with hose & sink adapter for anyone interested.

Latest posts

Back