Water quality for paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the US reverse osmosis filters are available that are very inexpensive. For a small orchid collection you can use a unit that attaches to your kitchen faucet. Orchids thrive with R/O water, and you will find that their health and vigor is easily worth the cost for the R/O unit.

Keep in mind you need to use a complete fertilizer that includes minerals/micronutrients to replace the minerals R/O removes.

WOW! Just an oversized aquarium!

Most all us folks on well/spring waters in the US don't have either UV, ozone, or chlorine sterilization........and we are still alive:wink:

Actually I've lived off of groundwater for the last 20 or so years of my life and prefer it to chlorinated municipal waters.

It also cracks me up as an environmental toxicologist that city folk prefer to drink water that will kill fish in a matter of minutes (without chemical intervention) than risk ingesting a bacterium that lives in their guts already.

It's also somewhat ironic that when firemen flush out the fire hydrant lines (or other breaks in distribution lines) into small nearby creeks that fish kills from the "spill" occur from the chlorine that we drink and bath in.

Latest posts

Back