• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Paph concolor in Australia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmm good question. I know people with seedlings but none with one in flower or near flower. I will ask around for you and let you know if I can find one.

Thanks David...

But I can't compete with you on EBay. :wink: How's your Paph. Delrosi 'Bessie' HCC/AOS going? :poke:

Mick

LOL. So it was you who made me pay all that money? :poke: Well I think you were the winner in the end. The plant was nowhere near as big as the photo suggested and certainly not flowering size as advertised. When I got it I thought I can't believe I paid that money for a plant that may go nowhere. Having said that it has grown beautifully and put on 3 large leaves. So I'm confident this one will be right from now on. It seems to be pretty vigorous. But still probably another year before it matures. It is still only a single growth plant.

I recently picked up another awarded division of Delrosi from eBay which was way bigger and should flower soon. I hope I didn't cost you that one as well. Anyway the next one is yours as I don't need anymore. :)

I'm not after a concolor so any on eBay is all yours. :) I did pick up one on eBay from orchidsonnewbold. It had no roots and has been a bit of a battle. The parishii I got off him at the same time didn't have a root either. Never have bothered with him since.

eBay can be a lottery.

David

LOL. So it was you who made me pay all that money? :poke: Well I think you were the winner in the end. The plant was nowhere near as big as the photo suggested and certainly not flowering size as advertised. When I got it I thought I can't believe I paid that money for a plant that may go nowhere. Having said that it has grown beautifully and put on 3 large leaves. So I'm confident this one will be right from now on. It seems to be pretty vigorous. But still probably another year before it matures. It is still only a single growth plant.

I recently picked up another awarded division of Delrosi from eBay which was way bigger and should flower soon. I hope I didn't cost you that one as well. Anyway the next one is yours as I don't need anymore. :)

I'm not after a concolor so any on eBay is all yours. :) I did pick up one on eBay from orchidsonnewbold. It had no roots and has been a bit of a battle. The parishii I got off him at the same time didn't have a root either. Never have bothered with him since.

eBay can be a lottery.

David

Sorry about that David, I didn't realise I was bidding against you until a couple of months after the auction. I had bought quite a few plants from that seller (all of which where well described and wonderfully healthy) and was checking her feedback for the details of one of the auctions.
I saw that you had won the auction and felt a little embarrassed but had a little chuckle to myself.
Anyway, I think the price was right as it was a division of an awarded plant.

I shake my head at the price seedlings can bring on eBay, 90% of the seedlings sell for 3 times the price that you can buy them from nurseries in Australia. There are some great deals at some of the nurseries, good sized seedling from $12-$16 and really good breeding too. I might buy a few and list them on Ebay just for the hell of it but then you would know my eBay user name. :ninja: lol

Regards, Mick

Sorry about that David, I didn't realise I was bidding against you until a couple of months after the auction. I had bought quite a few plants from that seller (all of which where well described and wonderfully healthy) and was checking her feedback for the details of one of the auctions.
I saw that you had won the auction and felt a little embarrassed but had a little chuckle to myself.
Anyway, I think the price was right as it was a division of an awarded plant.

I shake my head at the price seedlings can bring on eBay, 90% of the seedlings sell for 3 times the price that you can buy them from nurseries in Australia. There are some great deals at some of the nurseries, good sized seedling from $12-$16 and really good breeding too. I might buy a few and list them on Ebay just for the hell of it but then you would know my eBay user name. :ninja: lol

Regards, Mick

No need to apologise. It is your right to bid as well.

That was the 2nd Paph I bought off her. I previously got a large 2 growth division of a Paph Bel Royal that cost me a fortune. The largest growth was a metre across so I was happy with that. The only problem was that the plant was sent bare rooted in the middle of summer and got lost in the mail for 3 weeks. Australia Post told me they had no idea where it was. I'd given up on it when it unexpectedly arrived. It is in sheath at the moment.

She does have some nice plants on eBay from time to time. I just wish her divisions were a little larger. They mostly are single growth which is always a risk. I don't regret the Delrosi purchase as it looks like it will turn out OK.

I agree with you on eBay seedlings. They seem to sell for way more than they are worth. I notice that the nurseries are starting to sell their stock on eBay much more.

David

Back