Vanda tricolor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
One of my V.tricolors flowering a month later than usual.

IMG_0170.jpg

:drool::drool: neat species! :clap::clap: I look forward to mine blooming one day!

very nice! eric, yes they are very fragrant. and as a matter of fact I have two small hobby flasks with seedlings of tricolor suavis or suavis var. tricolor whichever it is and only need one. I got one extra for one of the montreal judges because he likes phals, but he didn't want the vandas as he said they just didn't do well up there. any interest? I selfed the huge plant that one of my club members bought from jim rice before he passed away and it made lots of seedlings. I tried to make a hybrid with phal corningiana which also has a wonderful fragrance but the pod dropped off. this plant has a wonderful fragrance. i'll have to see if I have a pic of the flowers anywhere

BTW, I'm informed by a grower from the country of origin of this plant that its a genuine V. tricolor v. suavis or V.suavis or what ever, not the normal tricolor if there is such a thing.

I think your right Charles but the more one researches V. tricolor the more one gets confused. Too many variations in descriptions & pics. I tend to rely on those with the knowledge from the plants country of origin. There must be 10 - 20 different V. tricolor variations.

Those blooms are too cool!!! (But those plants get really large, mine is taking up a good part of my central table space now :eek:). Jean

Latest posts

Back