Urea as fertiliser

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I re-read this whole thread yesterday and I bookmarked Bills article for a later read.... Interesting stuff! This board has been a great place to learn!

Charles, what strength are you going to use??? I have some MG and my babies could use a little greening. Should it be 1/2 or 1/4 or ???????

Hello Hera, do you mean magnesium (epsom salts) or do you mean urea? The container of miracle gro orchid version was 30 10 10 and it said to use 1/4 teaspoon per gallon for watering orchids; I used a large quarter teaspoon into two gallons, but I also dropped in a fat quarter teaspoon of calcium nitrate and a splash of fulvic acid, into a 2 gallon sprayer.

About epsom salts, I probably use too much when I do it since the box says you can use up to a tablespoon per gallon, so you should probably ask rick who uses it more often

Wow, not being a chem major I didn't even think about the mixup between magnesium and Miracle Gro. I meant Miracle Gro. That's about how much I was going to try. I wasn't sure if the amount would be the same as I would for watering. I'm going to try 1/4 tsp per gallon for spraying and see if it helps green up the ones that are looking chlorotic.

:) I saw the MG and since it was later at night ended up thinking 'Mg'.. lol this morning I was making some breakfast and suddenly I realized 'I bet she meant Miracle Gro!'

yes, it says quarter teaspoon for watering, but maybe for misting it might need less? that's why I used part calcium nitrate and part miracle gro, just to check it out

Latest posts

Back