unscientific comparison of a few kovachii crosses

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have a few of these blooming at the same time and I thought the colors and shapes might be of interest.

The one on the right is besseae x kovachii. I have bloomed quite a few of these and I would describe the color as Pepto Bismol pink.

The second from the right Jason Fischer x kovachii. It is the most recent to bloom out of a flask from Chuck Acker and is the first without a halo. In my opinion, it looks like the besseae x.

The second from the left is dallessandroi x kovachii. I've posted this before, but you can see that it has more red than the two on the right.

The one on the left is Lynn Evans Goldner x kovachii. It is fairly large and has a lot of color, but is poorly shaped. I have another 7 or 8 of these to bloom, so there might be a good one yet.

Mike

At a first glance, I thought they were of all same cross with one oddly colored one. lol
I do like the two on the right. They look like twins too.
Congrats!!!

Sorry, but I've had these for several years and I want to see them bloom. I need to mention that they are fussy little stinkers. They grow like weeds, then abruptly get rot and lose a year of growth. Also, they are the only phrags that have ever blasted buds for me. I suspect that if one ever wins an award, it will die within the month.

Mike

Latest posts

Back