Two Paphs and a New Camera

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a macro lens, Tom? Canon has excellent lenses. I had Canon F1 cameras and a bunch of lenses, and was always pleased. When I went to digital, Nikon was offering better pricing for the quality and I abandoned Canon. I'm not sure I made the right choice.

Is it a macro lens, Tom? Canon has excellent lenses. I had Canon F1 cameras and a bunch of lenses, and was always pleased. When I went to digital, Nikon was offering better pricing for the quality and I abandoned Canon. I'm not sure I made the right choice.

Nah, not a macro Dot. In fact those were shot with the stock lens (EFS 18-55mm zoom) of mediocre quality. This year I'm going to look into getting a nice short range tele and maybe a macro...the only question is where am I going to get the money!!!

Funny, I almost went Nikon this time. I think either brand makes awesome cameras, so it is hard to go wrong. In this case I was choosing between the Canon D40 and Nikon's D80. After considering each one carefully, I felt that the Canon was more to my liking. Got a great price too!

Not so mediocre, I think!

You are right: both Nikon and Canon make excellent lenses. There are two things I don't like about my Nikon. The screen is too small for my aging eyes, and there is no focusing other than the ground glass. I wish it had a split screen or a grid. Other than those, I like it fine.

Curious, is Canon's screen bigger?

It all depends on the model you are talking about. I think some of the more recent Nikons have pretty large screens.

I have always used Nikon myself although I don't see them as better or worse than Canon. They both make great cameras. You can take great photos with either. If you can't then I don't think it is the camera you can blame. There are more important factors in photography than whether you have a Nikon or Canon camera.

I've gone down the Nikon path so I guess I will be there for life. Too many Nikon lens to cross over.

Dot - what do you mean by this statement -

"and there is no focusing other than the ground glass"

David

Back