Two Late (Slow) Bloomers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paph Gloria Naugle: I got this one in a compot in the fall of 2001. This is its first blooming, fifteen years later. Not great form, but yeah for perseverance!

Paph Pink Sky: Got this one as a small seedling in 2002. This is its first blooming, fourteen years later. It's a little nicer than the Gloria Naugle.

Nice! Especially Pink Sky!!
I'd be very happy to see those after so many years.
Can't wait for mine to bloom.

I have seen only once, Gloria Naugle with just pink and white like yours.
Usually they have some yellow and brown on the petals.

Is Gloria Naugle still a single growth plant after all these years??

Among this kind of hybrids among what I have, I find Gloria Naugle the slowest grower followed by Harold Koopowitz.
I have GN of all sizes and just bought one more! Only one seedling seems promising in growing speed department. All else are driving me insane. lol

Anything with delenatii or brachy x Roth have been excellent growers.
So is my Dollgoldi! It went from 1 growth to 4 in its first year with me, then earlier this year, 3 more growths! And just yesterday I found one more growth! This time it appears to be a stolon.
So, this particular DG is the winner so far.

Nice! Especially Pink Sky!!
I'd be very happy to see those after so many years.
Can't wait for mine to bloom.

I have seen only once, Gloria Naugle with just pink and white like yours.
Usually they have some yellow and brown on the petals.

Is Gloria Naugle still a single growth plant after all these years??

Among this kind of hybrids among what I have, I find Gloria Naugle the slowest grower followed by Harold Koopowitz.
I have GN of all sizes and just bought one more! Only one seedling seems promising in growing speed department. All else are driving me insane. lol

Anything with delenatii or brachy x Roth have been excellent growers.
So is my Dollgoldi! It went from 1 growth to 4 in its first year with me, then earlier this year, 3 more growths! And just yesterday I found one more growth! This time it appears to be a stolon.
So, this particular DG is the winner so far.

Yes, the Gloria Naugle is just one growth. The Pink Sky was three mature growths, but it separated into three plants when I repotted it. I plan on reblooming the Gloria Naugle to see if the form improves. Hopefully it blooms a little faster next time (maybe 7 years?). Then I will give the damn thing to someone I don't like!

I like them both, flaws and all. Not bad quality for a first bloom; but, 14 and 15 years is a bit lo-ooooong! Good luck on turning them around and reblooming them more quickly next time.

Both are great esp finally Pink Sky. Can't believe how reluctant Gloria is to flower. Sounds like I have another dozen or so years especially with no greenhouse!

That's an admirable amount of patience indeed! Beautiful blossoms and I am so happy that you shared them with us.

David

The symmetry and color on these is very nice Ross:clap:

You have quite a jungle going in your GH.:wink::drool:

How many years has this one been use now? I was really envious of your in ground heating system. How's it been holding up?

Latest posts

Back