two Cypripedium-inspired paintings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your work is very good, I can't believe that I missed this thread originally. It's been around 10 years since I finished my art degree and I haven't picked up the brush, pencil, or charcoal in all that time. Your work is stimulating, perhaps I should try a botanical drawing or two. Have you done many of them?

I thought some of my “fans” would be happy to hear that my Cypripedium arietinum piece has been accepted to the Japan Grand Prix International Orchid Festival. There is preliminary judging for this event due to limited space and, though I don’t expect to win anything, it is an honor for me to have my art in such an event for the first time. What I most appreciate about it from an art perspective is that there’s a separate section for botanical illustration and fine art—both are potentially wonderful, but the intent is extremely different, and it’s this distinction that makes the event relevant for me personally.

Latest posts

Back