treatment for bacterial rot

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about antibiotic powder and water, as a paste? Would that work? Also, forget prescriptions...you can buy capsules of erythromycin and tetracycline in any pet shop, as a treatment for fish diseases. Also, erythromycin is sold as "red slime remover" as a treatment for cyanobacteria in marine tanks. Take care, Eric

on a sad note, many milk and meat products contain systemic antibiotics (if it has been introduced into the feed of the animal) so theoretically they might inhibit bacteria. so, slopping milk onto a plant cut or bad spot might resist both virus and bacteria! (I'm not seriously suggesting this, btw) :(

Feh! I hate milk....but we get it anyway for the family (and the 2 drops I put in my coffee...) But its organic and antibiotic free.....also get grass fed organic beef whenever possible...............and lets not forget our salmon! I try to get that organic....I prefer wild but my wife thinks wild salmon tastes like mud...........Eric

Latest posts

Back