Time to give up on my roth?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmm, though a plant might normally like a lot of light, if it's a bit short on roots I might keep it slightly shadier until it pops out some new roots. being almost rootless, if it starts respiring and pushing moisture out it's leaves, the few root(s) may not be able to keep up with the moisture flow. of course higher humidity will help, and actually at least in the u.s. you can buy a spray to put on leaves that can help to prevent some moisture being passed through the stomates

once a plant has some roots, you can always move it to a bit higher light. I would think your goal right now is to get some roots, and then when it has some roots, you can move it to higher light and then start thinking about building a monster plant that will have a ton of flowers! .. it will be a while before there are any flowers, so pushing the light too much probably isn't overly necessary at this point

Alright, it has been moved and is now standing bright, but not as bright as the others. :)

Latest posts

Back