tigrinum - once again

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice flower. hope you can find a way to grow them more on the dry side. if you can get Phyton 27, that will help with the rot symptoms.

No, Bjorn got colletotrichium, he needs to use azoxystrobin or a similar systemic fungicide. That's the same fungus doing the spots on the paph malipoense in his other post.

Paph tigrinum is a complicated species. I grow it very wet, and the Chinese did grow hundreds of clumps before in pure sphagnum moss, soaking wet. They had clumps of some dozen growths this way, easily, and no rot.

Sometimes we want to grow a plant on the dry side, because it prevents diseases, but in the perfect environment, they can be grown wet. The question is what is the perfect environment for tigrinum...

As for Bjorn colletotrichium, it makes holes in the leaves, circles or half circles, and when it spreads, it makes stripes... The holes in the new leaves of the malipoense are the same disease. It tends to stop when the weather is drier, and resumes when it is cold. It is contagious too.

30052013627.jpg

Roth, cant get asoxystrobin in 'hobbist' quantities in Oz. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Triadimefon can do the job, and most of the triazoles ( propiconazole, cyproconazole...). Other than that, thiophanate methyl is no longer effective.

Thank you for the advices Xavier,
problem here is to get the fungicides, everything quite restricted these days. My personal opinion (as yours is if I understand you right) is that with perfect growing conditions, these things should not be a problem. Strengthening of the plants immune system could be one approach towards the perfect. There are lots of results from other crops indicating that silicon is important to make plants tolerate stress; all kinds - heat, drought, insects, fungi etc. - and the last six months or so, I have been adding soluble silica to my water. Does it help? difficult to say, its a slow process and only long term results will show. I do however have a feeling that things are improving, there has not been any black rot on my Cattleyas, the erwinia(pseudomonas) incidences are fewer and seems not to spread that quickly etc. But is it coincidental or? Difficult to say, but I continue. So far, no negative effects have been seen.

I recently placed my tiger in a basket as well. I haven't notice any roots poking out yet but I don't doudt they're not far behind. At least its holding its own now.
Dido,your parvis look very dry, are they? or do you keep them damp/wet all the time?

I recently placed my tiger in a basket as well. I haven't notice any roots poking out yet but I don't doudt they're not far behind. At least its holding its own now.
Dido,your parvis look very dry, are they? or do you keep them damp/wet all the time?

As I have Kanuma in it, it stays wet longer the shpag I use is dry and I use it only that the Kanuma dont fall out.
I water often, but they seem to like that, only they dont liked the k lite, since I give my old fertilizer again they started to grow fast, for them its maybe not right.

Mainly micranthums in at the moment, they seem ton like it only 2 aremniacums and 10 in big baskets, but this micranthum seems not to like....

Latest posts

Back