The rare stuff!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

John Boy

Okay, I'm guilty, I do have a few nice plants!

Behold, my Paphiopedilum violascens and one of the tigrinum (I've got a few, but hell do they ever flower at the same time!!:mad:)... (who wants me to make a hybrid?:poke:)

6033216784_a80da1de97_z.jpg

6032657289_dcb903f373_z.jpg

6032656253_885cfdbe57_z.jpg

Very nice flowers!

who wants me to make a hybrid?:poke:

I'd rather you cross those two violascens, because there are not enough plants of this species available. ;)

But tigrinum x violascens would probably be interesting, too!

WOW. Lovely Paphs you don't see often. I like the darker violascens in particular. Has that hybrid ever been made?

David

WOW. Lovely Paphs you don't see often. I like the darker violascens in particular. Has that hybrid ever been made?

David

I doubt it much, and I doubt anyone was crazzy enough. I don't expect a second Kevin Porter, but I'll give it a go anyhow. What the hell, right?!:D

This is one thing I'm making this year,...having come too late last year...
This time I will make another Tiger Henry, cause they are rare as well, infact: I can't find any. So... let there be Tiger Henry's!!!

6033343234_b5040b5020_z.jpg

:drool::drool:YES to Tiger Henry! :clap::clap:
Sorry, I'd have to go EEEWE to a Viola Tiger. It will always be interesting when you have 2 practically opposites when it comes to form,shape and markings. I would have to guess there would be a higher percentage of dogs but it only takes a couple of good or not bad to get the interest going. Most people have trouble growing either species so it's hard to imagine that a cross of the 2 could be any easier. I'll let someone else put their time, effort & bench space into that one.

Hi,
I love your photo's,could I ask what camera you use and do you use any specific lighting set up? Thanks

wow.. very nice plantas... I do agree with the proposed ideas:

violascens (the dark one) x violacens
violacens x tigrinum (for sure some werid looking dogs, but also some nice ones!)
tigrinum x henryanum (like you I am looking for this cross since very long ago, without success)

End of day... I guess. :D

6033546158_0df57a9562_z.jpg

Let's finish some weird breeding with an even weirder picture, just looking over my shoulder I saw this:

6033578348_8ae3f3193e_b.jpg

I never said I was sane, did I?!:poke:

Latest posts

Back