Quantcast

The collection has grown a bit.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

kentuckiense

Debaser
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
2,103
Reaction score
0
Location
Richmond, VA
I don't really have room for much more! I want to pick up another besseae and Joyce and Norito Hasegawa and then calm down a bit.


Mexipedium
Mexipedium xerophyticum 'Oaxaca' CBR/AOS


Paphiopedilum
Brachypetalum
Paphiopedilum bellatulum f. album
Paphiopedilum Blanchett (Paphiopedilum niveum 'White Out' x Paphiopedilum Psyche 'Krull's King' AM/AOS)
Paphiopedilum Sierra Lace 'Tightly Knit' HCC/AOS x Paphiopedilum Island Mist 'Tall Tall Giant'
Paphiopedilum Double Trix 'Perfect 10' x PaphiopedilumBella Lucia 'Red Cap' AM/AOS

Polyantha
Paphiopedilum sanderianum x sib. ('Dragon Dance' x 'Dark Spider')
Paphiopedilum Leroy Booth 'Tip Top' x Paphiopedilum rothschildianum 'The King'

Parvisepalum
Paphiopedilum delenatii
Paphiopedilum micranthum
Paphiopedilum Armeni White (Paphiopedilum armeniacum x Paphiopedilum delenatii)
Paphiopedilum Fanaticum (Paphiopedilum malipoense 'Green Ice' x Paphiopedilum micranthum 'Mallingham')
Paphiopedilum Fumi's Delight (Paphiopedilum micranthum x Paphiopedilum armeniacum)
Paphiopedilum Ho Chi Minh (Paphiopedilum vietnamense x Paphiopedilum delenatii)
Paphiopedilum Lynleigh Koopowitz (Paphiopedilum delenatii 'Fair Rosamund' x Paphiopedilum malipoense 'Green Giant')
Paphiopedilum Magic Lantern (Paphiopedilum micranthum x Paphiopedilum delenatii)
Paphiopedilum Memoria Larry Heuer (Paphiopedilum malipoense 'Tracery' x Paphiopedilum emersonii 'Alabaster')
Paphiopedilum Memoria Larry Heuer (Paphiopedilum malipoense x Paphiopedilum emersonii)

Parvisepalum x Polyantha
Paphiopedilum Gloria Naugle (variegated) (Paphiopedilum micranthum x Paphiopedilum rothschildianum)


Phragmipedium
Phragmipedium besseae 'Peru 1988'
Phragmipedium fischeri ('Waunakee' x self) (x3)
Phragmipedium Cape Gold Nugget (Phragmipedium pearcei x Phragmipedium Eric Young)
Phragmipedium Uranus (Phragmipedium lindleyanum x Phragmipedium Grande)
Phragmipedium Twilight 'Rising Rocket' 4N x Phragmipedium fischeri
Phragmipedium Red Lightning 'Windy Hill' HCC/AOS x Phragmipedium besseae 'Black Falls' AM/AOS

That took forever.
 

Marco

Slipperless member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
18
Location
Great Neck - New York
Zach your collection definately grew. Nice parvi collection. I had an excel spreadsheet of my collection with data and all that but it got erased. And now I'm just to damn lazy to remake it.

Would you be able to post a picture of your Gloria Naugle? I would love to see the foliage.
 
P

PHRAG

Guest
1. We have to get you a Beverly Fischer. I can't stand the thought of you not having one of your favorites in there. Plus I am tired of hearing you talk about it. :rollhappy:

2. I would lay a cool $100 bill on the table that says there is no way in hell you are stopping after you get those two plants. I used to say I was giving it up after the next plant too. That was four years ago, I am still saying it, and I break the vow every f'ing time.

Friends may come and go, and wives are replaceable, but orchids get in your blood and the sickness has no cure.
 

kentuckiense

Debaser
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
2,103
Reaction score
0
Location
Richmond, VA
Marco said:
Would you be able to post a picture of your Gloria Naugle? I would love to see the foliage.
Here's Gloria:


Not a great shot, but you can kind of see the lighter streaks.
 

kentuckiense

Debaser
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
2,103
Reaction score
0
Location
Richmond, VA
PHRAG said:
1. We have to get you a Beverly Fischer. I can't stand the thought of you not having one of your favorites in there. Plus I am tired of hearing you talk about it. :rollhappy:

2. I would lay a cool $100 bill on the table that says there is no way in hell you are stopping after you get those two plants. I used to say I was giving it up after the next plant too. That was four years ago, I am still saying it, and I break the vow every f'ing time.

Friends may come and go, and wives are replaceable, but orchids get in your blood and the sickness has no cure.
1. Oh, I assure you, Ms. Beverley will be mine one of these days.

2. 'Calm down' does not equal 'stop buying.' I can assure you, I'll still be getting more! However, as a person that has to entirely pack up and move at least 5 times a year, I need to keep it managable. That's one of the reasons I like Parvis. Nice and compact! I just need Joyce and Norito, though!
 
P

PHRAG

Guest
kentuckiense said:
However, as a person that has to entirely pack up and move at least 5 times a year, I need to keep it managable.
I hear that.
 

Marco

Slipperless member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
18
Location
Great Neck - New York
Sweet looks like a happy and healthy gloria. I remember a while back you started a thread about seedling care. I remember that this gloria was one of them. How are your others coming along?
 

kentuckiense

Debaser
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
2,103
Reaction score
0
Location
Richmond, VA
Marco said:
Sweet looks like a happy and healthy gloria. I remember a while back you started a thread about seedling care. I remember that this gloria was one of them. How are your others coming along?
My Paph seedlings are all doing well! Same with my Phrag seedlings. Due to their delicate-ness, they tend to scare me a bit more.
 

SlipperFan

Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
43,287
Reaction score
17
Location
Michigan, USA
kentuckiense said:
My apologies. I'm allowed to misspell a word once in a while, I hope.
No - no - no! I was trying to be funny, not criticize you! It was my way of saying I don't know what that word means, for my collection is out of control...
 
C

cdub

Guest
kentuckiense said:
However, as a person that has to entirely pack up and move at least 5 times a year, I need to keep it managable.
If the window greenhouse starts to overflow, you know there's always room at Chris' Orchid Inn. They'll be well taken care of, plus free HBO.

BTW, your collection was growing quicker than I was led to believe. Zach, don't keep your orchid excitement from me. You know I am stifled at home and only find enjoyment with the weekly watering of my plants, and living vicariously through you.
 

kentuckiense

Debaser
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
2,103
Reaction score
0
Location
Richmond, VA
SlipperFan said:
No - no - no! I was trying to be funny, not criticize you! It was my way of saying I don't know what that word means, for my collection is out of control...
Oooooh ok, I'm sorry! I've been browsing the OSF too much lately.
 
P

PHRAG

Guest
Not many of us get support at home for this addiction. That's why I say we need to start a club house for orchid growers. Someplace where we can go to and grow in peace with other like minded individuals. A sort of He-man-orchid-lovers club if you will.

 
M

Mahon

Guest
How large is that Phrag. besseae Peru 1988? And any references as to where it came from or anything? The older Phrag. besseae are almost non-existent, the original 2 clumps collected by Calaway Dodson himself died within the last few years (they were collected in 1981), they were originally growing at Selby Gardens...

-Pat
 

kentuckiense

Debaser
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
2,103
Reaction score
0
Location
Richmond, VA
Mahon said:
How large is that Phrag. besseae Peru 1988? And any references as to where it came from or anything? The older Phrag. besseae are almost non-existent, the original 2 clumps collected by Calaway Dodson himself died within the last few years (they were collected in 1981), they were originally growing at Selby Gardens...

-Pat
One bloomed growth with 3 new growths coming on. It's a division of a division from a plant Orchids Limited imported back in the day.
 
P

PHRAG

Guest
Divisions of legal, wild-collected besseae are pretty hard to find. Unless you ask the right people.
 

Latest posts

Top