• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Thailand sellers on ebay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy

Reaction score
Anybody from the us buy stuff from thailand on ebay? Specifically from seller ontop12?

Yes and after repeated inquiries I have never received the orchid. It's been 2 months and counting. I was told it would ship today time will tell.

Ontop used to go by another name. I forget which. They are fine in my opinion. They do speak English. Keep in mind your plant may be in transit for around 10 days. There is also little recourse if something does go wrong.

Yes, but it may be due to the shipping. The vendor is reshipping but there have been some communication issues. I keep hoping it will work out.

Just an update. I received an email from EBay that this was finally shipping, so I will post when and if it is received.

If it wasn't shipped till now after the order was placed 2 months ago, :( I will avoid this seller, sorry suzyquic for your missfortune

Just an update. I received an email from EBay that this was finally shipping, so I will post when and if it is received.
Does that message from ebay include the TRACKING NUMBER ?
otherwise .....

It carried the Thailand Post Tracking but that is only good until it leaves Thailand from there on you cannot track.

It carried the Thailand Post Tracking but that is only good until it leaves Thailand from there on you cannot track.
yes , you can track it with USPS tracking , the same number .

Suzy I would expect maybe 4 days of inactivity between Thailand and you. Once it clears the port it will show the tracking again with the same number as before like Hien had mentioned.

Thank you after waiting so long for this orchid I cannot wait to see it!

Thank you after waiting so long for this orchid I cannot wait to see it!
Not just Thailand, I believe you can use the USPS tracking for other packages sent from any country to the US ( the postal services from different countries probably cooperate with one another regard the tracking service)

I've been scammed by seller from Thailand before on orchids that were "a steal" in value, no shipment & seller disappeared.

The scammers usually have positive reviews but in small numbers, indicating recently established accounts. Once they get a bunch of orders, they take the money & disappear from ebay.

Rule of thumb, If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I no longer purchase from sellers who's got less than 100 reviews, it pretty much rules out the scammers as they are short lived, almost always low review counts.
However, they tend to re-emerge under a different account name, again with low review counts.

Latest posts

Back