Taiwan or Japan?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugorchids

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I need a little insight on where to go. It's going to be my first vacation for a long time. I will be staying with a friend in Indonesia, but I'm thinking of doing a few days lay over in either Taiwan or Japan. My trip is from March 8-25th...does anyone have any recommendation? I couldn't decide which designation is better. Any suggestions please? any vendors that I should visit?

Hello,

It depends on what you would like to do and see. You could visit both (if budget allows it) and get experiences for both.
Each country has its own beauty, habitats and nurseries that are worth visiting (imo).
Or toss a coin and follow the result. In this case you will know what your next destination will be ;)
I have no idea about nurseries in each country so I cannot help you here...!
Good luck with whatever you choose and have fun!!

(PS: I haven't been to any of these countries, but I'd love too :))

I guess it depends on what you want to do. If it is a short stopover trip and you mostly want to see and/or buy orchids (especially Paphs) then Taiwan would make more sense, especially if you could time it to see TIOS.

Too bad you were not there now.
Noticed the snow monkeys in Japan are the rage now.

Thank you everyone for your responses, I will be staying for only 2-3 days. Taiwan's TOGA will fall around the time I go, too bad I will miss Japan's Grand Prix---I heard that is awesome event. I'll snap some photos and post them here. I'm leaning towards Taiwan now.

Latest posts

Back