Success begins at roots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Selenipedium aequinoctiale with its new growth(40 cm at moment) and its new root. Seleni has only very few and short roots so it is a good sign.

Attachments

• selenipedium.jpg
    selenipedium.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 122
  • selenipedium1.jpg
    selenipedium1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 118
My Selenipedium aequinoctiale with its new growth(40 cm at moment) and its new root. Seleni has only very few and short roots so it is a good sign.
A took wrong pictures at first.

Attachments

• Resize of seleni1.jpg
    Resize of seleni1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 118
  • Resize of seleni2.jpg
    Resize of seleni2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 118
Any updates?

It is still alive but stopped in growing and older leaves become turning to brown.
I don't know causes of problem, I think it should need maybe special potting media. I red an article where author wrote that only selenipedium flowered grew in original soil ball, all of others died.

I fear You can keep it alive only together with its special fungi and micro organisms and these can only exist in the original substrate in an open area or garden with special climate, not in pot culture.

I tested it twice without success, but I don't give up yet.

It is still alive but stopped in growing and older leaves become turning to brown.
I don't know causes of problem, I think it should need maybe special potting media. I red an article where author wrote that only selenipedium flowered grew in original soil ball, all of others died.

What is your feeding rate? Have you checked pot TDS?

I fear You can keep it alive only together with its special fungi and micro organisms and these can only exist in the original substrate in an open area or garden with special climate, not in pot culture.

I tested it twice without success, but I don't give up yet.

did you see the plants growing at Popow he has them in Kanuma/Akadama with igher temp and they look fine.

Latest posts

Back