Stanhopea tigrina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evergreen

Reaction score
Very fragrant, too bad the blooms don't last long, faded after one day:ninja: But I like it a lot.

4032264210_f61b6f8128.jpg
4032263028_0b2666bd2f.jpg
4031509641_2842fb1049.jpg

:clap: :clap: It is a shame that those GORGEOUS blooms don't last longer! :drool: :drool:
Does temperature have an effect? ... maybe cooler could get you one more day!:wink:

It's lovely! :clap: The flowers on my jenischiana lasted about four days. But they were fantastic while they lasted!

It's a beautiful tigrina. Mine is var. nigroviolacea and it lasts about 3 days; but, I do keep it at the cool end of the greenhouse. It usually only blooms in the cooler months too. It's a cool to intermediate grower, not a warm grower like many other Stans.

Most stanhopeas are very short-lived; buy more so you can have them in bloom all the time! :evil:
They also respond very well to stress. They love being repotted and divided. Whenever I chop up a large Stan, it's usual for many of the divisions to come into spike very shortly afterwards. In fact, just today I noticed a single-psuedobulb division of one that I potted about 6 weeks ago had a spike! Being just a single, unestablished psuedobulb, I broke the spike off to save it's strength; but, the larger pieces of that plant will probably be initiating spikes very soon as well. I'll let the bigger ones bloom.

Stunning!!!

I wish I could keep them healthy and blooming for me...:(:(:(:(:(
Maybe because I am an indoor grower??

They also respond very well to stress. They love being repotted and divided. Whenever I chop up a large Stan, it's usual for many of the divisions to come into spike very shortly afterwards. In fact, just today I noticed a single-psuedobulb division of one that I potted about 6 weeks ago had a spike! Being just a single, unestablished psuedobulb, I broke the spike off to save it's strength; but, the larger pieces of that plant will probably be initiating spikes very soon as well. I'll let the bigger ones bloom.

interesting hint John!!! My tigrinas have become very lazy!!! :). maybe I should give them some stress!!! Jean

Latest posts

Back