St. Paul Winter Carnival Orchid Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a note for anyone in the upper midwest, the Orchid Society of Minnesota will host the St. Paul Winter Carnival Orchid Show at the Marjory McNeely Conservatory (formerly the Como Conservatory) on Saturday and Sunday, January 23rd and 24th. Hours will be from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM each day. The show will be AOS judged. In addition to the show, the following vendors will be selling:

Orchids, Ltd.
Oak Hill Gardens
J & L Orchids
Natt's Orchids
Mans Farms
Winsome Orchids

It's a great way to spend a warm afternoon on a cold winter day!

Ross,

I'll come to this show... when your club moves it to May or September. :) Seriously, though, the crew of judges I commute to shows with got stuck in a major blizzard the year before I got into it and refuse to go back.
I hear it's a great show, and some year will work my way up there with more audacious folks.
I was up there on St. Patrick's day a couple years ago and and it was -20 F for Pete's sake.

-Ernie

On the same dates, there will be an orchid show and sale at Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park. This is sponsored by the Grand Valley Orchid Society. It's also an excellent show with AOS judging.

Ross,

I'll come to this show... when your club moves it to May or September. :) Seriously, though, the crew of judges I commute to shows with got stuck in a major blizzard the year before I got into it and refuse to go back.
I hear it's a great show, and some year will work my way up there with more audacious folks.
I was up there on St. Patrick's day a couple years ago and and it was -20 F for Pete's sake.

-Ernie

We really appreciate the AOS judges coming to our show. For me, clerking for the judging is the highlight of the weekend. Joe L. probably gets the long distance award, regularly coming from Omaha, Nebraska to help judge.

We really appreciate the AOS judges coming to our show. For me, clerking for the judging is the highlight of the weekend. Joe L. probably gets the long distance award, regularly coming from Omaha, Nebraska to help judge.

Yeah, Joe's vehicles get some miles! He's a great guy, and a slipper grower. Why isn't he here???

-Ernie

Latest posts

Back