species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
Here, an assortment of mixed genera species currently in bloom
enoy!

Phalaenopsis parishii
IMG_2651.jpg

Cattleya mossiae var. coerulea
IMG_2607.jpg

Chiloschista sp. -not sure of the species name. this thing is really starting to get a large mass of roots now and flower spikes are starting to branch!
IMG_2628.jpg

Coelogyne usitana This awesome species has been in flower for almost three years straight!
IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2625_2.jpg

No, Heather, I had one inflorescence go for about 3 years straight, and the plant needed to get repotted so badly last fall that I broke my rule of not repotting things when in spike/flower and did just that... it turned out to not hurt the plant to badly and it has really just recently taken off in its new huge basket

Nice, thanx for sharing.

the plant needed to get repotted so badly last fall that I broke my rule of not repotting things when in spike/flower and did just that... it turned out to not hurt the plant to badly and it has really just recently taken off in its new huge basket

I guess the coelogyne is not influorescing thru the bottom or sides of the basket then.

Very strong healthy plants you got there! I'm jealous, especially of that Coelogyne usitana. :)

Looks like you won't take that Phal. parishii pot out of its tray anytime soon, though! :D
The roots are all over the place!

Your plants are wonderful! I guess the warm moist fresh air is the perfect climate to grow orchids!

Paphman910

Eric- the leaves on top of the pseudobulbs sort of guide the inflorescences as they get started and thus they dont go through the holes in the basket like a bulbo or stanhopea..
Lint- thats what seems to happen with all my cattleyas and phalaenopsis.. they get established in the pot and then before you know it you have to cut up the tray to move the plant!

Awesome photos as always, and as always, makes me want to move to Hawaii!! My usitana is also in bloom. It is growing in semi hydro, and seems reasonably content, but I've had it for several years and I want it to grow into a big plant. Yours is in a basket of sphagnum, correct? I think I will repot mine into a similar setting. So many of my plants have done ok in semi hydro, but do much better in a conventional bark mix or sphagnum.

Latest posts

Back