some Vandas flowering

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
Here pictures of some of my Vandas currently in bloom:
Jean

Vanda coerulea, very delicate blue:

vandacoerulea4619208084ps0.jpg

Hybrid: Vanda Bhimayothin x coerulea : stronger blue:

vandabhimayothinxcoerulat2.jpg

Hybrid: Vanda Rothschildiana?? (V. coerulea X V. sanderiana), not sure about this one, because I think that sanderiana would not have allowed this very strong blue !!

vandarothschildiana4564bu8.jpg

Hybrid: Vanda 'Sunny' s Delight' pink!

vandasunnysdelight46067is3.jpg

And Vanda tricolor suavis : completely different!

vandatricolor4605808074rg1.jpg

Beautiful selection of Vandas Jean, V. Rothschildianum is normally that BLUE & used to be very much grown here but not seen in the last decade or more & I don't know why because there were some very good clones about.

Beautiful display of your flowering Vandas. I like especially the blue veined ones with V. coerulea as one parentage and also the colouration of your V. tricolor is very intensive.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Jean, these are all beautiful. I always love the blues but the tricolor grabs my eye. Maybe because it is so unusual. :clap:
Thanks for posting these beauties.

Marilyn

Very nice, I'm jealous of other growers ability to flowers Vandas. My Motes Indigo has spent the summer out in the greenhouse but we are dropping closer and closer to frost, so it'll be back under the lights until next year.

Shaun

What a display! Do you grow them in your home or greenhouse? We have a few vandas but they're growing indoors in a warm sunny southern window with some success.

Thanks for sharing. :clap:

Wow, you have the most amazing greenhouse err...I mean jungle that I've seen. You must spend a good deal of time in there, if you can find a place to sit that is! I'm hoping there's a gh is in the future for us as well, once we can figure out which garden to rip out for it. Then there is the bylaws around here...

Back