Some pics of my recent trip to China, Sichuan, Chengdu, Huanglong ... here

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On our way back to the low-land we visited a place that still shows the horrible disaster of the 2008, 12th may Wenshuan earthquake with more than 80.000 victims. This is the former middle-school building in Yingxiu, situated closest to the epicenter then ....

Chengdu city, central place with Mao statue and some museums around

chinese art

the 'Lotus village' Xinjin in the south-west of Chengdu, a beautiful place :

Maybe just a few more from the Perner nurseries, later..

Jean

Jean, I most envie you for that gorgeous trip.
Thank you very much for the impressive photos!

Nice pics Jean! As I said before, I feel like I'm back there again seeing all those wonderful places. That double flowered lotus is pretty cool, too. What Cyp species did you see on the tour other than tibeticum and flavum?
Tom just those 2 in situ! In the greenhouses were some more still in flower .. :)
Jean

Dear Jean!

Yet again, a beautifull and interesting set of photos, the earthquake ones also sad and devastating.

The lotus photos reminded me of the following, very dear to me, quote from a classic, indian text: "Within the city of Brahman, which is the body, and within the heart there is a little house. This house has the shape of a lotus, and within it dwells that which is to be sought after, inquired about, and realised. What then is that which, dwelling within this little house, this lotus of the heart, is to be sought after, inquired about, and realised?" (Chandogya Upanisad 8:1:1, 2)

On a more mundvand mundane level, I'm looking very much foreward to see your photos from the Perner nurseries!

Kind regards - and all my best to both you and Wenqing! Jens

Oh Jens
what a lovely poem around the most beautiful Lotus …

ok then, here just a few from still in flower at Huanglong green-houses:

Cyp calcicola/tibeticum/flavum/tibeticum/Ula Silkens/tibeticum (2)/look into greenhouse with a.o. fabric bags around the pollinated flowers for breedings, so no insects eat the ovaries of the flowers.
and a pic by Wenqing Perner of one of her selected tibeticums:

Jean, seeing all your lovely photos makes me thinking of beeing part of your journey. The ruins of the earthquake make me sad and the chinese flag waving on top of them looks a bit strange, at least in my eyes.

Last edited:
Back