Some of my meat eaters (picture heavy)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Those are incredible pics and fantasic plants Elena!

I saw a couple of Nepanthes growing in the wild on Mount Kinabalu - it was an amazing experience. Maybe I should start to grow these too....

Dan

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone :)

Dan, I'm terribly envious of your Mt Kinabalu experience. What else did you get to see? Any orchids?

The carnivorous plants seems easy enough to grow (although I don't grow anything too challenging) and many are not that large so they seem to fit with with orchids quite well. Of course, plenty can also be grown outside if you have the space.

Yes I saw loads in bloom in the wild - Coelogynes and Dendrochilums mostly, the odd Eria.
However, the really exciting thing was that I went to the Botanic Gardens they have there and went managed to get access to an area, in which there were loads of roths growing, most of which were in bud - they looked amazing!:drool::drool:
I took a pic of the one roth that was in bloom, standing next to dayanum (if my memory serves me correctly!). It was sitting in full sunlight on a bench, looking fantastic!

Will post some pics at some point if anyone is interested!

Dan

Latest posts

Back