Some of my meat eaters (picture heavy)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

It seems that a few people on here also grow carnivorous plants so I thought I'd share some pictures of mine. I started dabbling with them at the end of the summer and I only grow a small selection (no space!). It's nothing too fancy but they've been doing okay. Anyway, here are some of them. Enjoy!

A close up of one of the sundews - Drosera paradoxa

Dparadoxa.jpg

Utricularia bisquamata flower

Ubisquamata.jpg

One of my Pings - Pinguicula esseriana, flowering right now. Love how these almost look like they are carved out of jade

Pesseriana4.jpg

Pesseriana3.jpg

Young Nepenthes sanguinea
Nsanguinea.jpg

Nepenthes ventricosa alba. I love the light colours and the curvaceous pitchers.

Nventricosaalba.jpg

Nventricosaalba2.jpg

Nepenthes muluensis x lowii. A hybrid with very dark pitchers that's meant to stay compact. The pitcher is only a couple of inches tall.

Nmuluensisxlowii.jpg

And finally Cephalotus follicularis - a very compact plant from Australia with thimble sized pitchers. The mature trap is only about 1.5 inches tall.

Cephdec08.jpg

Close ups of see through panels in the lid, markings on the inside of the lid, the ferocious teeth and posing together with some other carnivore :poke:

Cephcloseup5.jpg

Cephcloseup6.jpg

Cephcloseup.jpg

CThai2-1.jpg

Small selection - nothing to fancy! WHAT are you kidding?! :drool: Love them all - GREAT photos! :drool:

Bravo bravo for these super picts. of those lovely plants!!!! I like them a lot, but on the last pic. the small plant looks as if being afraid of the cat:)! Jean

Wow, those are gorgeous photos! Nicely lit too.

I'm partial to dark pitchered Nepenthes so if I could grow them muluensis x lowii would be on my wish list. And good growing on the Cephalotus!

Thanks guys!

Perhaps I should have said it was a relatively small selection, certainly much smaller than my orchid collection :D

As for my grow area, it consists of windowsills and a boiler cupboard with a couple of shelves and 2 Envirolites.

I was a little nervous about Neps but I'm finding that they are doing very well under lights next to my Catts, etc. I only chose the easier ones though, nothing that's too picky about humidity, temps etc.

Thought I'd post a couple more pictures.
My two sundews are flowering :)

Drosera paradoxa
DparadoxaFlower.jpg

Drosera aliciae (this one was tricky to catch because the flowers close at the smallest disturbance :rolleyes: )

Daliciaeflower.jpg

Daliciaeflower2.jpg

Nepenthes aristolochioides. I received a cutting a few months ago and it finally started pitchering. The funky pitchers are only about an inch tall.

Naristolochioides2.jpg

Naristolochioides.jpg

I need to find myself a few of those.

The top of the Nepenthes ventricosa alba reminds me of a toilet seat.......someone forgot to put the lid down.

Marilyn

Latest posts

Back