Some cyps in bloom now

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dido

Have only a few pict of my garden which I think are interesting

Cyp Michael

Cyp Fasciolatum + Cyp Henryii

Cyp pubescens first time blooming seedlings

Cyp Sunny

Cyp tibeticum

Cyp ventricosum dark

Cyp japonicum

Cyp Acaule

Very nice! I love Sunny - one of the better hybrids out there I think. The C. acaule was grown from seed?

Nice group of C. parviflorum too. Congrats on flowering them the first time. From your shot though, I'd guess they are more towards the v. parviflorum end of the scale rather than v. pubescens, at least the darker flowers. I base that mostly on the size of the petals and relative roundness of the lip. The lighter flower in the background indeed does look like v. pubescens though. Were these all from the same flasking?

Very nice! I love Sunny - one of the better hybrids out there I think. The C. acaule was grown from seed?

Nice group of C. parviflorum too. Congrats on flowering them the first time. From your shot though, I'd guess they are more towards the v. parviflorum end of the scale rather than v. pubescens, at least the darker flowers. I base that mostly on the size of the petals and relative roundness of the lip. The lighter flower in the background indeed does look like v. pubescens though. Were these all from the same flasking?

Hy tom I love Sunny too.
Have a second one but will not flower this year.

The Acaule was grown from seed and is now 6 years old. This one is really light, and when it satrted to grow a flower it was a long time without any colour, never seen it before,
abfter it opened it started to get its colour, first I was hoping that I have a alba one but......;)
This one will stay in flower till my bardolphilum will flower and then the pollen will go there and to my pubescens.

The pubescens are all out of the same flask, have about 20 left. And sold some.
The dark one is the only one with that small blooms. And this nearly round lips.
So if there was not something happend with the pollen it is all from this plant.
I never had one with that much flowers flowering the first time. So it is something special I think.
The rest looks like the mother, but she is not doing well this year something is wrong with here. It was a self of that plant. Think the flower will abort this year.
The mother grows very dry for me near my fritilarias and my sunny growing reginae. It was one of the first plants I baught when I started cyps. In this pot there are new purchased ones to from a friend who stopped but till now not one are sending a spike, they were hardly bad looking when i recived them. They should be 2 pure yellow ones, but will see if they can start growing.

Latest posts

Back