snowshoe hunting...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that event. :(
anyway, did you hear about the restaurant in UK serving a curry made with 20 Naga chillis!?

:rollhappy: no I hadn't..... I think one plate of food with about a 2mm dot of pepper would be enough for me (I had some indian food in college at housemate's friends place; I had a small spot of roasted habanero, maybe pencil eraser size on the side that I mixed in, and I was sweating! (and I like generally pretty warm food once in a while)

I remember that story of the bear in the Catskills. I'm very thankful that I never ran into one. My college roommate was camping by himself in the Adirondacks. He was by a lake...he had gone off for a bit, came back to find a bear checking out his campsite. He tried to chase it off, and picked up a log to threaten it with....unfortunately, the log had a hornets nest in it. He found himself being chased by a bear and a bunch of stinging hornets. He ran into the lake and stayed there for awhile with just his nose and eyes above the water until he was sure the bear was gone. It trashed his campsite....he still has the cooking pot with the holes made by the bear's teeth. But nothing beats the Timothy Treadwell story for...well, ...idiocy. I love Grizzly Man!

:rollhappy: .. all except for the trashed campsite/tent which isn't funny. the first time I was camping in the adirondacks I was at the limekiln lake state park with my dog (in inlet, ny); there was a bear outside of our tent in the middle of the night, but I had no food or water inside of the tent as per recommendations, and I was happy that I had a dog inside of the tent! obviously I didn't stick my head outside of the tent and say 'hey there's a bear.... ' my dog didn't even bark, though I'm sure his ears were up at attention :)

clark, nice christmas present!

Latest posts

Back