slow growing orchids in summer?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generally older [bigger] paphs are easier because they're established; if you mean bigger leaf types, like multifloral hybrids, no they're no-easier or harder to keep alive. Unfortuanatley a lot of multi-floral species and their hybrids take a long time to be blooming size. Paph sanderianum for example, 20+" leaves at 1-1/2"/year = Argh!

ya i was referring to species with larger bodies... hmm i think i'd stick with the little guys for now and no more buying orchids until i can truly manage to rebloom them. and that is such a slow growth... do that mean it could bloom once and not bloom for another couple of years until the growths are large enough? if they blasted... oh geez...

do that mean it could bloom once and not bloom for another couple of years until the growths are large enough? if they blasted... oh geez...
You got it! It can take 3 years for growths to mature on alot of the multis, so one wants a new growth each year.
Alot of us start out with plants that bloom very reliably on each year's
growth(s). Practice makes perfect! How can you get the experience on culture without buying plants?

true say on the part about buy more = growing more = gaining more experience but i just want to confirm that they can at least survive the winter in the room i grow them in first. if they can, then i dun mind having my collection grow little by little.

my room is the only room which plants can grow in my home; there's lots of windows but not very few bright rooms. my room gets cold in the winter time so i wanna make sure they can at least survive one winter. if they can, i'm gonna get excited ^^ i would love to get my hands on a paph. malipoense especially knowing they like a chilled winter

better safe than sorried, and at least i'm going to save myself some grief. rather make sure things can survive b4 i start to buy more. i would hate it to have it all die off when the winter comes.

any other easy to grow, cold-wintering hybrid or species u guys know of that are good for the beginner?

Latest posts

Back