Siam Paragon Bangkok Royal Orchid Paradise 2011- Slippers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1214215

Reaction score
Hi

More pics from the Siam Paragon Bangkok Royal Orchid Paradise 2011. This time more slippers. An on thing happened. The show was running for a day and then they put all the paphs on stands at the ends of the shelves. Seems someone had an afterthought. Not surprising. :poke:

Sorry for the pic quality. My camera decided to die (need to get new one now) and I had to use my mobile phone

Brett
P050611_1630.jpg

P050611_162904.jpg

P050611_162902.jpg

P050611_162801.jpg

P050611_1628.jpg

P050611_162704.jpg

P050611_162702.jpg

P050611_162701.jpg

P050611_1627.jpg

P050611_162605.jpg

P050611_162604.jpg

P050611_162603.jpg

P050611_162601.jpg

Sorry for your camera. The red hangianum is nice and the concolor like Brachy is very round, more the shape of a bellatulum than a cocncolor!

Hi Chris

YEs, very annoying to have a camera die during a major show. Still the mobile phone did ok.

Dissappointing though as I had wanted to make a short video file of the even, to the music of the string quartet that the shopping center had hired to play all day during the event... Paragon shopping center organise the show.

The plant sales were a bit dissappointing this year I think. I think the main problem is that most people looking are non-orchid growers and they jsut want to buy cheap and floofy orchids. Serious collectors seem to wait for the Rose Garden in December for buying serious species.

Brett

Wow.... Very nice, thanks for sharing.. :) Lots of hybrids there which I wish were available in Malaysia.. Is the plant in the last 2 pics (4th posting) Hama Callomii (callosum x praestans/glanduliferum)? The one with several long spikes and downswept petals..

Any idea what the yellow miltifloral one (looks like an armeniacum hybrid) with the wavy petals is; it doesn't really look like a Dollgoldi. I like it a lot.

I will try to find out today what the plants are. The problem is that Thais often translate the names into Thai/use a local name and make it impossible for anyone else to know what the hell the plants are. I wish some countries would just stick to the botanical system for names. Makes it a lot easier for non-locals and locals alike.

Second to that, when you can translate a name from Thai, you often find out the species is called "whiskers of the monk from valley bottom" or some such thing. Makes indentification very hard, when even locals dont know sometimes what the heck the name means and there can be several names depending on the locality they came from.. Well thats my complaint on the matter

Hope to be able to get you an ID.

Brett

Brett

I am happy to post the pics. Sharing is part of the happiness of seeing such blooms. I just wish my camera had not died. News is that I will have to get a new one and that wil push me to get a really good one this time.. Last one was just a point and shoot model. Next one will be an EOS or the like

Sad thing is I wont be here for the next Paragong.. Hopefully when back in Oz I can take nice pics at shows there for you all

Brett

Tom the plants you asked about were labelled as Paph stonei. I could not ID the other species

Brett

Latest posts

Back