Show me your gardens!

• Thread starter Paph_LdyMacBeth
  • Start date
Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely garden pictures everyone!

Clark - what are those huge grassy beasts on either side of your deck. They're beautiful! Gorgeous cannas too. :clap:

Hi Joanne,
That is Maiden grass (Miscanthus sinesis). It just started to bloom. The other reason it looks like a stranger- your right, they are beasts. The one on the right would lay all over the lawn, but we tied small diameter rope about knee high around plants to keep the leaves up. Rather have the lawn w/o brown spots. My wife hates the one on the left, it gropes everybody walking by.
I swear I read that Miscanthus seeds do not make winter below 20 degress Fahrenheit (no spell check this early), but they are as bad as dandelions!
Thanks- the Cannas started the yard,the first year I might of used too much nitrogen- they were close to 11ft. tall!!! :rollhappy:

Great gardens everyone!, I especially like yours Dot!

I used to have great perennial gardens around my house in Minneapolis, where I was trying to create an English Cottage garden, but unfortunately when I bought an Airstream 5 years ago, I have been up north in Minnesota every weekend, and needless to say my poor gardens have become overgrown, and the weeds are 6 feet tall!

My Airstream is up north at the Airstream Park, close to Saint Cloud (a RV Park, that just has Airstreams). I can show you some pictures of my gardens at the Airstream Park. One thing that sold me to buy a lot up there is the following plant they have in one of the communal flower beds (of course when they found out I am a horticulturist, they made me head chair of the landscape and flower comity):

IMG_5375.jpg

As Cyps seem to do well in this soil, I planted one Cyp. candidum, two Cyp. parviflorums and two reginaes, this year on my lot. Some pictures of my lot at different times of the year:

IMG_5371-1.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5691-1.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

IMG_5704-1.jpg

Robert

Clark - is that Swiss Chard in front of the Cannas. It looks great. I saw someone growing in a pot this year as an ornamental and I'm going to try that next year. Do you happen to know the variety of yours?

Nice Airstream Doc. Never old or out of style. Love them.

Do you buy those lots, or lease them? We have done both, bought in Poconos and leased down the Jersey shore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Airstream Doc. Never old or out of style. Love them.

Do you buy those lots, or lease them? We have done both, bought in Poconos and leased down the Jersey shore.

Thanks.

You buy a lot. The park is a co-op Park, so when you buy a lot, you basically own a share to the Park.

Robert

Christine havesting 2nd season crop.

Today's yield.

Green lace leaf maple.

Second season 'chard, under castor bean.

Striped dahlia.

My husband works for a green roofing company! I'll have to tell him about the herbs on the shed...of course then he'll want herbs on our shed. :)

I love the ornamental grasses!

Latest posts

Back