SEPOS '14 (4/11 - 13) - Philadelphia, PA

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheyenne,

I was not on the team that awarded it but I couldn't stop looking at it while it was being discussed and pointed. The flower had some serious wow factor. I remember seeing it in the display is was totally enamored. I can't imagine the impact that plant will have when it has multiple growths.

Congrats on blooming it so nicely.

Christian

Wow, thanks everyone. I left before judging so I didn't even know it got awarded till now. To busy. It was a good time seeing Eric and everyone else. Hope I run into more people. I will be there at Piping Rocks booth all day tomorrow(Saturday) so stop in if you are there. Sunday I will be there with the family.

The included picture of the flower does it no justice at all. The way the light is reflecting on the flower makes it look like the upper half of the petals are reflexing backwards and the dorsal is cupped forward. This photo is from the plant in its exhibit position (at the back of the exhibit) which was about 15 feet from the front. When it was pulled, that's when the true merits of the flower were appreciated. It's amazing how placement and light enhances/detracts from flowers, obviously.

Thank you. I am going to go home and try to take a few pics of it tonight and start another thread. Hopefully I can get some pics while it is still in good shape. The show is do hard on plants.

Congrats to Cheyenne on the 86 pt. AM for his Paph Librty Taiwan. :)
It was a pleasure meeting you and talking Paphs at the show Cheyenne. Fantastic culture pays off on your award winning Paph Liberty Taiwan!

The included picture of the flower does it no justice at all. The way the light is reflecting on the flower makes it look like the upper half of the petals are reflexing backwards and the dorsal is cupped forward. This photo is from the plant in its exhibit position (at the back of the exhibit) which was about 15 feet from the front. When it was pulled, that's when the true merits of the flower were appreciated. It's amazing how placement and light enhances/detracts from flowers, obviously.

I have to agree; pictures doesn't give this plant justice!

It was great to see you, Cheyenne and jmarlow1.

NYEric hope to catch you next time.

Good to meet you and your wife also Jim. See next one Eric. Charles did you get the package? The big Pleione was previously potted, the little ones are just out of storage.

Latest posts

Back