schlimii ¨Excelente¨

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
Our best schlimii Fma. manzurii so far (Left one) compared with a good one. NS is 5.5cm.

manzurii_EXCELENTELQ.jpg

Thanks for yor comments!

Wow! Those petals are to die for. (x self) ?

Sure, I already selfed it.

So is the only difference (besides larger segments) in the staminode shield? Are the plants similar/

Do you mean between regular schlimii and fma. manzurii? Only the yellowish coloration.

Or betwen both plants? Both plants are the same cross, It is a x sib of wild plants from the same population. Plants are very similar, single growth seedlings, almost identical. 3 more seedlings are in spike. hope to see another fat one!

Nice. Thanks for sharing. Is it tetraploid?

It could be it is too fat and too rounded to be a regular 2N. I will test it for tetraploidy, but I did not treated this cross so...

Oh my, the one on the left. Give it to me! Actually, screw that, give me both!

Eliseo:

Amazing colour and form.

I will reluctantly volunteer to be the first Canadian recipient of such finery.

Kidding aside, that is an amazing flower... I love everything about it.

Do you mean between regular schlimii and fma. manzurii? Only the yellowish coloration.

Or betwen both plants? Both plants are the same cross, It is a x sib of wild plants from the same population. Plants are very similar, single growth seedlings, almost identical. 3 more seedlings are in spike. hope to see another fat one!

Thanks, eteson. I didn't realize the are the same cross.

Latest posts

Back