sangii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By now I find it quite easy and fast to grow (but into a greenhouse, maybe less easy indoor), under quite low light. The most important is to water with very good water, with very low salts. This is one of the fastest growing Paph I got by now

I purchased two originally, and one grew well for about a year and then declined and died. The second one grew very fast and is now 4-5 growths. By the time I got the sangii I was already maintaining a humidity of 70- 80 percent minimum. Also the plant is in the darker area of the GH and stuffed between other slippers (namely a big pot of esquirolei) I have been using RO water for primary irrigation for much longer.

I trained for sangii (and mastersianum) with purpuratum, which seems to have similar sensitivities, but much more available than sangii.

Why are they not easy to grow? I grow one in good light and one in bad light and they are both growing very well. In what way are they supposed to be tricky?
An 'apparently knowledgable person' who I met thru this forum told me that most people don't grow them as in their natural habitat. Dark, wet, and dank.

Latest posts

Back