Roth Mont Millais sib cross

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For certain it is not a Mt Millais progeny, because of the dorsal and pouch shape... Over the years a lot of sellers found that Mt Millais as a parent on the tag means better sales, and when they bloom, they always quote the 'genetic variability'...

So even though this is its first-time blooming, the differences are too great to say it could have MM as a parent?

In any event, it’s the first roth I’ve ever tried blooming, so I’m happy. There are three additional growths, too.

So even though this is its first-time blooming, the differences are too great to say it could have MM as a parent?

In any event, it’s the first roth I’ve ever tried blooming, so I’m happy. There are three additional growths, too.
Indeed, Mt Millais progeny has a very special dorsal that it transmits to its progeny... even as a first bloom plant.

very small plant. No idea of its potential, yet.
Maybe it will have a career as pocket-size (read: compact) roth. Only time will show - I already see the advert for my inner vision, though: 'a clone especially suited for the window sill grower! 🤑
I fear' Roth' is right, concerning the colouring of the dorsal, and Mt.Millais. But, I for one, like its pouch colour a lot! 😁

Maybe it will have a career as pocket-size (read: compact) roth. Only time will show - I already see the advert for my inner vision, though: 'a clone especially suited for the window sill grower! 🤑
I fear' Roth' is right, concerning the colouring of the dorsal, and Mt.Millais. But, I for one, like its pouch colour a lot! 😁
Yes! It’s quite happy in my window sill.:)

FWIW - this is generally how my Raptor crosses bloomed out, and after a spring/summer spent in a friend's large greenhouse. Nice color, good shape - but blooming on very short stems and very young plants.

Congrats on flowering a roth, excited to see it on a more mature plant. The colors look promising!

Back