• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Previously bloomed Phrag. kovachii for sale at less than a billion $ (not by me)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite having no room or funds for any new slippers, I was browsing my favorite orchid sales sites and found that Chuck Acker is selling a couple previously bloomed Phrag. kovachii for $185 and $250, depending on pot size. I haven't contacted him about them, but thought some folks might be interested. His plant list is available here:
http://www.flasksbychuckacker.com/images/image_pages/Assorted Plants Page.htm

--Stephen

Very tempting. Thanks for sharing.

I've been eying the plants at Piping Rock for awhile, but my concern is that I can't really afford to buy one of these and then accidentally kill it. Since I can't guarantee that I wouldn't screw it up, I've been very good so far about resisting temptation to buy one.

For now, I'm happy to stick with kovachii primaries. Once I'm completely comfy with them, I'll consider it.

Now that I've seen this thread, I'm more tempted than ever. But I rationalize not buying one by telling myself that these plants will go to breeders and expert growers.

Seems I'm safe - no international shipping!! I wouldn't choose the kovachi either, but the list is tempting!

Nice, but I would more happy with pollen anyone know where I could get some.
Would love to cross my beauty with or anyone has besseae or besseae flavum pollen at the moment.

:rolleyes: i'm not looking at any list :rollhappy:

i've killed enough expensive orchids and many intermediate that it's curbed my urge to buy more for a while :eek:

That's why I started trading pieces of my select plants with other growers(that I know will keep them alive) a piece of their select plants. I am out of 'buying'' mode' for a bit, unless it is something I ''need'' to have.

I'm sure the plant is still a baby. My Pk is only 8"ls but, the second growth is about 10" ls now. my guess is it probably gonna bloom on 2nd or 3 growth.

Latest posts

Back