Preventing Rot

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone had trouble with physan under lights? my last spray with detergent & rubbing alcohol burned the heck out of a couple plants when i put them back under the lights...i love when that happens to sanderianums that grow 2 leaves per year...

It is always a good idea to put the plants under lower light for some days when using a product on the leaves.

has anyone had trouble with physan under lights? my last spray with detergent & rubbing alcohol burned the heck out of a couple plants when i put them back under the lights...i love when that happens to sanderianums that grow 2 leaves per year...

Detergent and soaps are phytotoxic and alcohol burns tender tissue. The issue is with these two ingredients, not the Physan.

I use a constant low dose of Physan in my water (1 ml per 50 litres), 100% of the time, including the fertilizer water. Without it, I have lots of rot problems. With it, I seldom have any rot problems.

Detergent and soaps are phytotoxic and alcohol burns tender tissue. The issue is with these two ingredients, not the Physan.

I use a constant low dose of Physan in my water (1 ml per 50 litres), 100% of the time, including the fertilizer water. Without it, I have lots of rot problems. With it, I seldom have any rot problems.

yeah now i know, after having to hack a nice new leaf off of a very expensive paph division as well as two of my sanderianums. thanks again for all the info contributed here.

Back