Pink Phrags are Sexy!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

There are some members of Slippertalk (me included) who enjoy a good pink Phragmipedium. This is their thread. Post some photos of your pink phrags. Avoid collecting photos off the web unless you can get permission.

So let me get this pink party started with some photos of my own Grouville. This one is Eric Young x Hanne Popow.

grouville1.jpg

grouville2.jpg

grouville3.jpg

I bought this one from Piping Rock Orchids. It put out quite a display and is currently sending up a huge new growth.

Finally something I can contribute to. This is Phrag Cape Sunset, acquired from our own Matthew. My first and favorite phrag. It came this spring as a nice single growth plant and now is putting on two new growths. It likes its s/h culture.

Last edited by a moderator:
More:
Achental
PhragAchental2.jpg

pearcei x St. Ouen
PhragpearceixStOuen2.jpg

St. Ouen
PhragSaintOuen4.jpg

St. Ouen x Dennis Kleinbach
PhragSaintOuenxDennisKleinbach1.jpg

Longueville
Phrag_Longueville2.jpg

And finally, my awarded Phrag. Grouville 'Wacousta'
Phrag_Grouvillle.jpg

Wow, I am seeing alot of Eric Young influence in my Grouville now. The Hanne influence in yours shines through Dot. Amazing how much difference there can be.

I was looking at photos of Cape Sunset the other day and realizing just how much variance there is in that clone too. I am hoping mine shows a little less of the Eric Young influence. I don't want two of the same thing. :)

Heather said:
Oh, this is great! Really shows the variations.
Dot, I love that St. Ouen, and your awarded Grouville! So different from John's. What was the award level? Congratulations!
Thanks, Heather. Actually, it's been awarded twice. First and HCC, then an AM. Then it got sick, but now it is recovering.

Let me put a few little pink cuties up here...

Hanne Popow made w/ besseae var. flavum from Bloomfield (John has this plant now (maybe?)
hpf6uq9.jpg

Hanne Popow from Orchids Limited
hannetcxpb2js1.jpg

Both of those were nicely scented of raspberries.

Beverly Fischer (OL) Fragrant
bf6ql5.jpg

Barbara LeAnn (OL) Not fragrant.
bla3il1.jpg

I have two St. Ouens and a Waunakee Sunset also but sadley, they've not yet bloomed for me.

Heather,
In a few years down the road you'll be sitting at the workbench in your greenhouse doing some repotting. You'll pull those pink phrags out of their pots and wonder if it is time to divide them. Then you will think of your friend Zach from from SlipperTalk.

Here's my contribution of these gawd awful things....:D

I guess they aren't so bad, but they're still no besseae or caudatum:poke:

Phrag. Appalachian Sunset
Phrag-1.jpg

Phrag. Belle Hougue Point
par1.jpg

Phrag. Bouley Bay
par2.jpg

Phrag. Don Wimber
par3.jpg

Phrag. fischeri
par4.jpg

Phrag. Robert Palm
par5.jpg

Phrag. Stenophyllum
par6.jpg

Jon
________
Bmw R32 History

Last edited:
Gilda, what's the fuzzy one? Looks like something my wife would like...she's crazy about anything pink and/or fuzzy.

Latest posts

Back