Phragmipedium x colombianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Here a wonderful clone of
Phragmipedium x colombianum
a very rare natural hybrid between manzurii and schlimii
Seen in the collection of Franz Glanz.

PhragmipediumxcolombianumTOP2012-09-28sideb.jpg

PhragmipediumxcolombianumTOP2012-09-28sidea.jpg

PhragmipediumxcolombianumTOP2012-09-28sided.jpg

PhragmipediumxcolombianumTOP2012-09-28sidec.jpg

PhragmipediumxcolombianumTOP2012-09-28Frontb.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

For me it doesn't get much better than this. This is a great plant that I didn't even know existed. I love the shape and colors. Manzurii is quickly becoming mone of my favorite phrags, even though I will probably never get one. It imparts alot of good traits to schilimii. I love it. Top of my phrag want list. Thanks Olaf.

For me it doesn't get much better than this. This is a great plant that I didn't even know existed. I love the shape and colors. Manzurii is quickly becoming mone of my favorite phrags, even though I will probably never get one. It imparts alot of good traits to schilimii. I love it. Top of my phrag want list. Thanks Olaf.

Yeah I like manzurii too but have never seen it for sale. I wonder if that's because it was described after kovachii was discovered and therefore overshadowed by it?

I was talking with Glen Decker about manzurii and he said there has not been the same program put into place yet to get legal ones exported like there was with kovachii. Hopefully there will be soon. I heard there was some at one of the WOC shows but I think they turned out to be schilimii, just to get a higher price.

I was talking with Glen Decker about manzurii and he said there has not been the same program put into place yet to get legal ones exported like there was with kovachii. Hopefully there will be soon. I heard there was some at one of the WOC shows but I think they turned out to be schilimii, just to get a higher price.

Now that you mention it I heard the same thing about the lack of a program to generate nursery stock for export. [sigh] Well, some day...

Back