Phragmipedium wallisii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

The Phragmipdium wallisii starts now the second time with the flowers. The first flowers were crippled but now the flowers are normal.
I cultivate the plant on the windowsill without any problems.

Phragmipediumwallisii2009-05-18Knos.jpg

bud

Phragmipediumwallisii2009-05-18Blte.jpg

Phragmipediumwallisii2009-05-18B-1.jpg

Phragmipediumwallisii2009-05-18B-2.jpg

Phragmipediumwallisii2009-05-18B-3.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

wow! I love the green/white contrast. Esp the red dots against the "inner wall" of the lip opening, it's so white, like ceremic!:clap:

Whow! very nice wallisii. In which substrate is it cultivated? I ask you this question because I bought recently a wallisii X pearcei and I must repot it. What are the sizes of your plant or the pot size.
I were afraid that a wallisii specie become too large this is for this reason that I bought an hybrid with pearcei.

Whow! very nice wallisii. In which substrate is it cultivated? I ask you this question because I bought recently a wallisii X pearcei and I must repot it. What are the sizes of your plant or the pot size.
I were afraid that a wallisii specie become too large this is for this reason that I bought an hybrid with pearcei.

I have a multigrowth wallisii in a 4" aircone pot. Basic bark/perlite/charcoal mix with a good live moss overgrowth. I have multigrowth pearcei in 12" pots with either semi hydro or bark based media (both also overgrown with live moss). Phrags will accept a very wide range of media, but the difference is more based on the amount of water they like compared to other slippers. Pearcei like to have their "feet wet" all the time, while the long petaled species like a wet mix, but never in standing water, so many growers like SH growing for the water loving species, and more traditional mixes for the long petals.

A wallisii in spike can get almost as tall as the petal length. Often you see the pots raised up so the petals are below the bottom of the pot. So you should give a wallisii about 50 cm of verticle space, but pearcei may only need half that much verticle space.

Back